Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across 2 rolling chassis today. Both notch backs. Can't decide which one I wanna pick up. I'll get pics tomorrow when I get a chance

First one: is all red, 5 lug swapped, no interior, ready to drop my motor & trans into, needs paint.

Second one: is all white, not sure if 5 lug yet (didn't check) full 10pt cage welded in, no interior, ready for my motor & trans, has a bunch of surface rust all over the body but nothing huge. Needs painted anyway so I don't think it'll be a problem cause I want it flat black

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Is this going to be a drag car. It kinda sucks they dont have interior. Also not a fan of flat black but to each there own. But still id love to see a bunch of pics

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
roll bar one, hands down. if price is the same. You kind of left that very important detail out.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this going to be a drag car. It kinda sucks they dont have interior. Also not a fan of flat black but to each there own. But still id love to see a bunch of pics

drag car/weekend racer pretty much

roll bar one, hands down. if price is the same. You kind of left that very important detail out.
I think the caged one is like $500 more

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well talking to a friend today that had those cars for sale and he showed me another one he has for sale. So if he'll take payments I'll be picking this up in the next month or so. Paints a lil rough an it needs a bath. The interior is all gone and will be replace with new door panels & 2 race seats. Also has a 4in bolt on cowl hood for it sitting in the shop

310ci motor ( might have 10 miles on it)
All forged internals (I beam rods)
Holly systemax II intake
Custom cam (around 560 I believe)
Twisted wedge heads w/ comp springs
24# injectors
75mm maf
70mm throttle body
Upper & lower control arms
Lowering springs
Subframe connectors
5 lug swap w/ all new disk brakes
4.10 gears
Tunes for 93 octane

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds like the motor should have a couple pony's. What's he asking?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Do you have pics of the other two ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
990 Posts
375 would take a solid roller spinning up quite high, do you know if it's a solid lifter setup? Is the car drive-able?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Sweet! Motor have flat tops in it? And is it a stock block .060 over? He's blowing some serious smoke up your skirt with the 375 rwhp. More like 310 with unported heads unless it's packing some serious compression and then it's not a 93 oct combo. It's sweet no matter what, I can see the potential and see where you'd be interested, but why is this guy wanting to trade for a blown up GT and 2k, when he's got that in the shortblock more than likely? Seems too good to be true, and you know what that means.

·
Registered
990 Posts
He's blowing some serious smoke up your skirt with the 375 rwhp. More like 310
I still consider myself new around here, so I try not to be so brutal, he did say the guy was his friend, but was trying to lead to this, in a round about way.

Still a real 310 at the tires is a pretty strong setup.

So kinda boils down to swapping car for car, and paying 2k for the motor. What's your hatch look like?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's got fully ported twisted wedge 170cc heads an runs 10.5/1 compression. Custom cam around 560 lift.

My hatch is full interior in almost perfect condition, brand new 3in cowl hood, the body needs a lil work. Locks need replaced and of course it needs a new motor and the sunroof needs replaced or taken out and sealed.

This is when I got her(hatch)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Full-size car

And this is with the new hood(dirty)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Sedan

I've already decided to pick her up. If anything in a couple years she'll be great for a 427 to be put in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts