Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i understand fully that a 4.6 is a 4.6
but does that mean that a 4.6 from the gen 5 will fit in my 02?
would i have to buy the gen 5 motor mounts or the 99-04 mounts?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i think the mounts are different but im not completely sure, but your probably going to have fitment issues because the intake manafold it higher than the 99- 04.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u will then need a new tranny with that...or atleat flywheel

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
The compression is going to be lower in that one because its for supercharged applications. what are you looking to do? do you have a car with a blown engine?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
yes it will and I am doing it with mine. You have to get a conversion kit from logan motorsports and a few cobra parts Logan Motorsports - SCT Tuning

No hood clearence issues either so no need for a new hood

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im planning to swap to one of these or possibly a different one if someone can show me a cheaper, better one but i do plan to get a new tranny but i dont wanna go to a 5.4 because i dont want to have to replace the rear axle and i dont wan to do a suspension kit yet till after i get the motor

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
i ran a 5.4 for a little bit and never broke my 7.5'' im back down to a 4.6 now and looking to trade everything and go back to a 3.8 so no you dont hvae to swap out. unless yout gonna be stupid and trying to break it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i want to change to a 8.8 after all of this also but not a 9

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Once the tires are spinning you are fine. Its that sudden force it gets from the hard launches and hard shifting. The 7.5 won't even hold up behing the 5.0 pushrod for very long if it is abused. Sure, granny shift and take off slow or slip the clutch and you will be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts