1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Is his car as clean or cleaner then yours? If not keep your low mile GT, you have the best color combo that came on those cars and low miles. Coupes are cool but if it needs any work forget it.

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no its very very clean and i have a 98gt right now i was thinking about getting it cause my dad wants one and we could start a project it doesnt need any work though.. no body work its a little bit cleaner then mine... to be honest... i like it alot but its sucha big mile difference is all you know...

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
"nike"

·
Registered
155 Posts
That looks like a really nice clean coupe, I do think he is asking a bit more than I would pay having 116k miles though. It looks like it has been very well taken care of & if it the drive train has been well maintained & in great shape then I wouldn't worry too much about the higher milage. I paid 6k about 5 years ago for a clean 92 black coupe 5 speed just like it but had black interior & only 60k miles. I wasn't really a fan of the coupes until I actually owned my 92 for a few months & I had people asking me if I wanted to sell it all the time. I tinted the windows and it looked alot better. A clean coupe isn't always easy to find. If you like the coupe better then I would say see what you can work out on the trade.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm confused what are you trading to him (if you do it) a 89 or a 98?

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
go for the trade if you like the coupe. 5 speed coupes aren't all that easy to come across these days.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i'd pass if it were me

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
coupe if it's as clean and straight as your car... check it out very closely before committing to anything
I bet book value right now if cars are in the same condition that coupe fetches more money..

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Sounds like you have the better car, why do you wanna trade him?

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just cause its alreadya 5speed my dad always wanted a coupe... i think its very clean... i dont like the black dont really like black cars... but like i said its rarer then mine.... and a little bit more fun to drive lol

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Black is a BITCH to keep clean and a 5 speed swap isnt that hard.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Just cause its alreadya 5speed my dad always wanted a coupe... i think its very clean... i dont like the black dont really like black cars... but like i said its rarer then mine.... and a little bit more fun to drive lol
if you taste a 5spd fox you'll never want auto again unless you have issues with your left leg.. or enjoy the sausage **this doesn't apply to race cars**

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
have you seen the car in person? A nice trick if the body is a 50fter they wont take any pics close up and when you get there bam she looked good from a far but far from good

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you think... its a very clean one man... im still talking to him about it its not a for sure thing but im about 60% sure im gonna do it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts