Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this a little late... You'll see what i'm doing when I post pictures so your minds can guess what i'm doing by the end of it. (If you don't know already...) :eek:

My Last timeslip since i've started the build.. I'm #004

Bought a nice bigger block..

Got a nice deal on these headlights from AM.. They need work with some silicone big time..

Pics of my new intake and starting the cams swap..

Moved my Nitrous system around.. Was going to make a cleaner install..

Thought I may aswell change the head gaskets..

Decided screw it, I'm going to just build up a new motor.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sold Nitrous kit and all accessories for 350$
Sold rear seats 225$
Full 2v motor with trickflow springs installed for sale.. Will part out.. trickflow .580/.580 cams for sale..

Weight removed with computers and wiring about 125 lbs..
Ac/Heater system about 70-85 lbs.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man, I know what your doing. Can't wait to see some results. How much for the shortblock?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice man, I know what your doing. Can't wait to see some results. How much for the shortblock?
Peicing together my own shortblock and sending it off to WMS in calgary.
I'm trying to help out the racing community by buying most of my parts here in town. Pretty much the only REAL racing shop here.. None of that import/ rig truck ****. The owner is pretty much the only one keeping the 1/4 mile track from shutting down.

It was 1100 for the block.. And if i remember right the rotating assembly/seals/rings Is about 2300

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Gutted dash back in.
Hoping to remove front bumper crash bar, traction control, and the hydro system

THinking about using T fittings to delete the traction control, and i'll do this when installing the Manual brakes and Line lock.

Also, going to try to cut out the airbag cover for both pass and drivers. and double side tape or something back to the dash to look stock(suggestions?)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Peicing together my own shortblock and sending it off to WMS in calgary.
I'm trying to help out the racing community by buying most of my parts here in town. Pretty much the only REAL racing shop here.. None of that import/ rig truck ****. The owner is pretty much the only one keeping the 1/4 mile track from shutting down.

It was 1100 for the block.. And if i remember right the rotating assembly/seals/rings Is about 2300
****ing Right. Support local stuff and local shops that deserve it. That is bad ass.

Gutted dash back in.
Hoping to remove front bumper crash bar, traction control, and the hydro system

THinking about using T fittings to delete the traction control, and i'll do this when installing the Manual brakes and Line lock.

Also, going to try to cut out the airbag cover for both pass and drivers. and double side tape or something back to the dash to look stock(suggestions?)
Sell the air bags on ebay and just buy the deletes for them. Will look way better and pocket some coin.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't happen to know where I can these said deletes? Where I looked they didn't have the matching interior color(Dark Charcoal) I could only find black.

Sold my old set of DD bullitts for 500 bucks lastnight. I'm also going to be upgrading heads already.. and be getting cams at the same time most likely..

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You don't happen to know where I can these said deletes? Where I looked they didn't have the matching interior color(Dark Charcoal) I could only find black.

Sold my old set of DD bullitts for 500 bucks lastnight. I'm also going to be upgrading heads already.. and be getting cams at the same time most likely..
Mike, black is fine. look in my garage. that is what I have on mine. its not that much of a difference

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
If your a welder fabricator for a living, why does your car not have a 25.5 in it yet?

I just bought my first welder... Lincoln 175 Squarewave Tig.... Im looking to have some fun, I haven't tig welded in a while..

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
If your a welder fabricator for a living, why does your car not have a 25.5 in it yet?

I just bought my first welder... Lincoln 175 Squarewave Tig.... Im looking to have some fun, I haven't tig welded in a while..
Because he just got the job about a month or 2 ago

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And I work in a small shop that takes in jobs from bigger shops. All we got for pipe is 48od.

And my car definitley doesn't need a 25.5 haha

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Hell, my car wont even get a roll bar until I absolutely have to put one in lol

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Hell, my car wont even get a roll bar until I absolutely have to put one in lol
I used to think like that til I have seen some wrecks with slow cars... At that point it was a priority to get a bar in my car...

They really arent that heavy if you do it in moly and it makes the car worth more and musch safer

1 - 20 of 114 Posts