·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Cant wait to see how it turns out, thinking of doing this as well

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I cleaned, A LOT, and I mean A LOT! I had to clean the backs of my wheels which have always been neglected. Took me about an hour :(
Next I prep wiped, sanded with the scuff pad, and prep wiped again.
Then I tack clothed until it was clean and dry.

Next I laid down a 3 coats of primer sealer about 3-5 minutes between coats.

Then I left it for an hour or so, and then I laid down 3-4 coats of yellow paint 10min between coats.

I killed about an hour or so eating subway and watching Duck Dynasty. After waiting I taped off the stripes. Taping is not my strong suit so it's a little rough.

After taping I laid down 5-6 coats of black.

After waiting a little bit I took the tape off and started clear coating.

I let them sit overnight and let them sit in the sun most of the next day

Notice old shoes for painting^

Calipers:
First I taped up the brake rotors and hubs as good as I could with tape and newspaper, and then I cleaned them with 1:1 diluted 70% IPA in water and primed with rustoleum primer sealer. Then I put 4 coats of yellow Duplicolor engine enamel and followed with 4 coats of clear. I also painted my radiator support semi-gloss black with 3 coats of black and clear.

Finished:

In desperate need of a 1.5" drop!^

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to take some pictures while I was at my school the other day:

Reactions: faym 08

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Black and yellow black and yellow. Look great man, I was going to do the exact same thing using that very thin pinstripe on the edge of the rim, but I've decided to keep it polished aluminum.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black and yellow black and yellow. Look great man, I was going to do the exact same thing using that very thin pinstripe on the edge of the rim, but I've decided to keep it polished aluminum.
Haha I actually listened to that when I left school earlier.
I thought about keeping the aluminum lip, but they sell them that way and I wanted to have something different. I looked around and found Zinc's write up and I set my mind on it. I've been waiting for months to do it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks good, though I would have removed the Weights and painted where they were and had them re balanced with the weights on the inside. Otherwise not a bad job at all.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, though I would have removed the Weights and painted where they were and had them re balanced with the weights on the inside. Otherwise not a bad job at all.
I kinda spent all of the little bit of money I had on the paint and supplies. I'm only in high school haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts