Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the MIL eliminators but the plug for the O2 sensor has 2 notches that wont align with the eliminators, can i just cut these things off or grind them down?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
grind them down.. my o2 extensions i had to do the same thing. they work just fine i just used a file.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
114 Posts
ya they suck. i spent 70 bucks on them and they didnt even work

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
The plug in ones didn't work worth **** for me. Splice in ones worked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's easy to make your own using the instruction from the internet. I did not use the circuit board stuff though. Just used the resistors and capacitors, some heat shrink tubing, and a little black electrical tape to help reinforce it some.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Looks like AM ripped of my design (from 2004), right down to the heat shrink tubing--more power to 'em!!!

You can make your own, a pair, for less than $5 (Harbor Freight has heat shrink tubing assortment for $1.99)--while you are there get a decent crimper--they have a full compression ratcheting crimper for $9.99, I've had one for 5+ years and used it A LOT!

Then go by your FLAPS and get some dielectric grease to fill the butt splices with before you crimp them.

Fill the splices with the grease, then insert the wires from both ends so that they mingle and overlap in the splice--then use the compression crimper, you will never have a problem with that connection.

Crimp connection problems arise when you do not use dielectric grease, do not mingle and overlap the wires (or worse crimp each separately, and worst of all using one of the el-cheapo "squashing" style crimpers...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
MILS don't always work 50/50 is the work or not but i hear the homemad ones are more likely to work then the ones premade

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Splice in work, end of story, 17.99 in american muscle section. wire it right and it will work or get a sct tuner

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
what that sexy bitch said ^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts