Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my o/r h pipe and now of course my CEL comes on. I was reading about the eliminators, and i was wondering how they work. I've heard they only work on 99+ cars. Will they work on my 95? Do they completely eliminate the o2's from working? And, im just wondering how come the CEL comes on from an o/r pipe? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Mine work on my 98. I am sure they will work on yours even thought you have a 5.0. I have a catted-x pipe but still needed them. They fool your computer into thinking the sensors are having clean/or a certain amount of air (I'm not sure which one) pass by them. They definitely work though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. One last thing, do I have to get specific mil eliminators depending on the year of my car? Or do they work for all years?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I just did a quick search and it looks like you need to get them for the 94-95. They are advertised for the 96-04 and the a different part it looks like for the 94-95. I've never seen the part to know if it is the same exact thing or not but I would order it for your year.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
ive heard that you need to unplug the battery to reset your cars computer to throwe it the dummy code. dunno if that would work, but it couldnt hurt to try it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts