Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much milage can expect to lose by running a brenspeed 92 octane tune compared to the stock tune??

Normal running arround ( drove it like I stole it) I get arround 17-18mpg.

When I drive it like my wife would, I get 20-21mpg on normal day to day driving.

On a road trip I get 26-27mpg cruise set on 70mph.

Your thoughts?:feedback

Oh and as an FYI my car is an 07 gt 5spd with the 331 rear gears.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Actualy I would say quite the opposite. Usualy a good tune will result in better mileage(to a certain limit). Tuning the timing to burn all the fuel properly equals more power thus equal less throttle required to get said power thus netting better mileage.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Actualy I would say quite the opposite. Usualy a good tune will result in better mileage(to a certain limit). Tuning the timing to burn all the fuel properly equals more power thus equal less throttle required to get said power thus netting better mileage.
+1
hasn't zip seen like almost thirty setting the cruise one 80?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
but im not sure what kinda of tune zip has though i'm pretty sure he has a handheld tuner

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Zip gets about 25mpg on the highway with a Bama race tune, that's down from 27with the torque tune.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get 17 mpg w/Brenspeed tune 93. 20mpg W/my bama race tune

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man u guys r lucky I only get around 13mpg in the city and 20mpg on the highway..

·
Registered
509 Posts
lol i really dont beat on it that bad i use to get 15 mpg in the city but since i got a custom dyno tune it went down to 13.3mpg in city..

·
Registered
509 Posts
:Dhaha i guess if you guys get better mileage than i do..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I get 24 on the hwy @ 75 on cruise. Town driving is suffering lately too many damn ricers and goats! LOL

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I get 24 on the hwy @ 75 on cruise. Town driving is suffering lately too many damn ricers and goats! LOL
Man I have been looking for a damn gto since i got my car back. I did get to hand a camaro his ass today though. Need a little more than exhaust to run with this ford bow tie boy.

Oh gt33, your talking straight city miles, im probably pretty close to you then becuase im averaging about 17 and i do a lot of highway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts