Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an existential crisis here.

I moved into a house with my sister, best friend, and another friend who I am not as close to. The rental lease is under my sister, best friend, and I, so we basically rent the other room to this guy.

Ever since we moved three weeks ago, he has had people over almost every day.

The problem is that he hangs out with them in the kitchen, or in the patio which my room faces. most of the people he invites are friends of mine as well, but they come over to smoke with him, because they cant smoke in their own place. I dont have anything against smoking, but I would rather my house not become a smokers paradise.

Is there a way of telling this guy not to bring people over all the time without sounding like an asshole? How would you guys handle this situation.

I just dont want to seem like the asshole roommate that doesnt allow people to come over, cause I enjoy company, just not every day.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
"Dude, I really don't want to sound like an asshole, but can we cool it on having other people over for a bit? I like having them over, but they have been over every day for a while now."

Or go for a no smoking in the house rule.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
smoke with them and you'll cease to give a **** because now you're all friends and the world is a beautiful and happy place and you love everybody

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Kill roommate. Profit.

Or this I guess:

"Dude, I really don't want to sound like an asshole, but can we cool it on having other people over for a bit? I like having them over, but they have been over every day for a while now."

Or go for a no smoking in the house rule.

This is probably the best approach though:

smoke with them and you'll cease to give a **** because now you're all friends and the world is a beautiful and happy place and you love everybody

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was stressing idk why, but I did what Austin said lmao. Lets see how it goes.

I just have had terrible experiences with roommates and neighbors before. I dont want a repeat

Reactions: Austin

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
bump for outcome

·