Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you guys could tell me when i should be concerned about the miles on 5.0 if i was goin to buy one, or does it more just depend on how well it was maintained? A swap meet is goin on this weekend and i was goin to go look for a fox just wondered at what point should i steer clear of a car miles wise? thanks

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I know mine has something like 175k on it and it drives great. I would say it all depends on how it was maintained. If it has 200k+ but it's a nice car overall, I would just rebuild the engine. I don't think mine has ever been torn apart. Compression is at 150psi across the board but it burns about a quart and a half of oil a month..

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
It depends, I would put miles way down on the list of concerns.
A complete engine rebuild and a nice used t5 is much cheaper and easier than the cost of even a cheap paint job and body work, just about the same with a torn up interior. I personally avoid the cars with rig jobs on the electrical wiring, they always seem to cause the most problems.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks alot ill keep this stuff in mind hjopefully this sunday ill head out to the swap meet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts