Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just gonna say it. It seems like we have alot of military guys on this forum that are serving our country whether it be oversees or still here in the US. I would like to say thanks to all of you and what you do day in and day out to keep America what we are. It also gives us the freedom to be able to enjoy our " Mustang Fetish " THANKS :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thank you kindly, we do what we can. Not alot of people notice us these days and that's a sad thing. But believe me on days like this (20th day straight of 14 hour shifts) we do appreciate the words. The only other thing I could ask for is to keep our families in mind because they go through alot of grief watching Mommy or Daddy just come home to sleep. I wouldn't give up anything I've done in the past or future. IYAAYAS! JLease, out!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
+1^ thanks for the words, glad to see we are remembered. Personally i've been working 12-15 hr days for about 4 months now. Sucks, but its nice to take a break jump online and talk to other mustang folk. Stay safe everyone.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
you're welcome. even though i got out in October, i served my country for 9 1/2 years, and i don't regret a single day of it. God knows it was no picnic, but i wouldn't have it any other way...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Thanks guys. like mentioned above its nice to be remembered alil.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
:drinkI did 4 years ARMY ...best decision i ever made... I have a lot of family still in all 4 branches. So I would also like to say thank you to all of you who are still serving our country and who have in the past. HOOOOAHHHH!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Me personally I am working on just over a year and a half of 12 hour shifts that turn into 14's 6 days a week mostly... But thanks ... Its much appreciated...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
still in, fixing to go for my second tour to the desert. while loading up our vehicles on the train one of the civilian guys said a funny thing. not meaning to, but he still said it. he said that he had more freedom than i did. i found that to be very very true. kinda sad that we fight for a freedom that we sometimes don't get to experience given our job of choice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just retired in May and it's great to actually make plans for several months down the road and not worry about deployments and duty days.

Keep plugging away guys, we appreciate it.

I did notice you guys have nice stangs on that military pay check. Love those tax free desert vacations.

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Thanks for the thread. 8 years USAF here and only 31 days left...nearly every one of us would probably say that we're just doing our jobs and we don't do it for the recognition, but we DO appreciate being appreciated...coolest thing ever was when I returned from Iraq and was out having dinner with my wife and son and my server told me that my meal had been paid for by another gentleman. He didn't come over or say a word...didn't announce to the restaurant that he was picking up my tab...truly wasn't seeking recognition for doing something nice for a war weary trooper. I went to his table on my way out to tell him thank you and he simply said "No son, thank you. I wish there was more I could do for you because we are all in your debt." Just goes to show you that there still are some remarkable people in this world....

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I thank you kindly, we do what we can. Not alot of people notice us these days and that's a sad thing. But believe me on days like this (20th day straight of 14 hour shifts) we do appreciate the words. The only other thing I could ask for is to keep our families in mind because they go through alot of grief watching Mommy or Daddy just come home to sleep. I wouldn't give up anything I've done in the past or future. IYAAYAS! JLease, out!
yah I am going to do a +5. Our families have it tougher than we do, with the amount of worry and stress.

OORAH!

Semper Fidelis.

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
My son is in the Iowa guard (just finishing HS), we salute all of you who serve
Stay safe and THANK YOU!!!~timberwolf

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Thanks for the thread. 8 years USAF here and only 31 days left...nearly every one of us would probably say that we're just doing our jobs and we don't do it for the recognition, but we DO appreciate being appreciated...coolest thing ever was when I returned from Iraq and was out having dinner with my wife and son and my server told me that my meal had been paid for by another gentleman. He didn't come over or say a word...didn't announce to the restaurant that he was picking up my tab...truly wasn't seeking recognition for doing something nice for a war weary trooper. I went to his table on my way out to tell him thank you and he simply said "No son, thank you. I wish there was more I could do for you because we are all in your debt." Just goes to show you that there still are some remarkable people in this world....
My hat is off to you. Good luck with getting back to civilian life. Got to love getting free drinks at bars.

Once again Semper Fidelis,
Always Faithful.
And lastly God, Country Corps.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I've been in the USAF for 4yrs & 2 months. I'll be E-5 in the May, June time frame

1 - 20 of 34 Posts