Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what we have on here. Im in the middle of doing mine over with an 8.8 rear end. I had a 9 inch that was 46 inches flange to flange with a 15x10 ProStar with 3.5 inch backspacing. Now Im having Dayton Performance building me a nasty 8.8 but it looks like I can only go 3 inches off each side max before I get into the lower control arm mounts.

Here is a before and after picture with the 9 inch. Over look the dirt on the car!! Its been sitting all winter getting ready!

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
not a single fox on this site that needs a mini tub besides yours

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on... There has to be some!!! 1000hp street cars are all over any more!

·
Registered
30 Posts
...... Yeah I'm new here, but I've been reading this forum for a while now just never registered.

Now that's out the way.....

No one else with a mini tub? I was thinking about getting this done one day and want to know the pros and cons and also whats all involved. draggin50, that's a mean looking setup you got there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Look Ma My First Post" Lol..Very funny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mini tubbed rear is on my to do list on the new project 351 fox for sure!
Its not bad to do yourself. Me and a buddy did mine. I got alot of pics if you ever need to see anything. I love the way they look with a fat ass tire under them. I ordered the mini tub kit from Team Z and wouldn't have done it any other way.

And what is gay to me is a fully tubbed car with a glide that runs 11's! Ive seen many cars like that and it just pisses me off! I've run better than that on a stock bottom end 302 on a 250 shot and had under $1000 in the motor and ran it for 3 years before it took a ****! Smoked like hell but was the funnest car I have owned!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
...... Yeah I'm new here, but I've been reading this forum for a while now just never registered.

Now that's out the way.....

No one else with a mini tub? I was thinking about getting this done one day and want to know the pros and cons and also whats all involved. draggin50, that's a mean looking setup you got there!
Thanks! Like I said if you ever need anything just shout.

Here is one I like!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Idk I think slicks are dumb, you can run 7's on a 275 street radial, sooooooo. If not, your buying suspension from the wrong place.
The guys running that fast are not running off the shelf suspension pieces. haha

Radials also have a much steeper learning curve than slicks. Yes radials are more stable on the big end but are less forgiving in the setup. Just because the top guys are running that quick doesn't mean anyone can do it, just shows what is possible with an assload of capability and money. You can hit slicks much harder than radials and they will still work and slicks are more forgiving. Do a little reading on chassis differences between slicks and radials. You can buy the best suspension in the world but if it isn't set up right you aren't going anywhere. (BTW I prefer radials, just playing the advocate here)

If you don't believe me go slap 275s on 1500hp car and try to run 7s. ****, the AWD Underground Gallardo's were only in the mid high 10s at tx2k11 (at 150+ mph :eek:).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The guys running that fast are not running off the shelf suspension pieces. haha

Radials also have a much steeper learning curve than slicks. Yes radials are more stable on the big end but are less forgiving in the setup. Just because the top guys are running that quick doesn't mean anyone can do it, just shows what is possible with an assload of capability and money. You can hit slicks much harder than radials and they will still work and slicks are more forgiving. Do a little reading on chassis differences between slicks and radials. You can buy the best suspension in the world but if it isn't set up right you aren't going anywhere. (BTW I prefer radials, just playing the advocate here)

If you don't believe me go slap 275s on 1500hp car and try to run 7s. ****, the AWD Underground Gallardo's were only in the mid high 10s at tx2k11 (at 150+ mph :eek:).
Ill stick with my 325's and just try to run some 8.60's! I just wanna be able to drive it to work and back a few times a week and be quick. Also its alot of how it looks. I think it looks so much better with a big tire under it than some 8 inch draglite and a 275/50. Its all in opinion though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ill stick with my 325's and just try to run some 8.60's! I just wanna be able to drive it to work and back a few times a week and be quick. Also its alot of how it looks. I think it looks so much better with a big tire under it than some 8 inch draglite and a 275/50. Its all in opinion though.
I'm not dissing radials, I love them. Just stating that there is a lot more to it than flattus makes it sound.

And I love your car btw, 8.60s on a street car is definitely impressive and I am sure you know what I was talking about in my previous post.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts