Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I skipped out the last hour or so of school and by my luck I got in a minor accident. I was going about 30 when the ******* in front of me stopped in an intersection. I slammed on my breaks and barley hit him, but enough to hurt my car =[.

My light poped out a little but its okay, everything works and the only harm done was cosmetic. The tip of my hood is cracked a little , its a tin line about 5 inches long and no more then 1/2 inch thick. Can i fix this easily myself or should i have a shop do it? how much would a shop cost? Im looking for a decent repair but do not need it to be 100% back to normal, just look good.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Well if i'm not mistaken our hoods are fiberglass...

I think you can repair fiberglass with some sort of resin compound but I'm not sure...

I think if anyone would know it would be Zatrekaz

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That sure looks like fiberglass or some kind of plastic. A lot of parts on modern cars are plastic.

You need to find out exactly what the material is and how to patch it. Possibly call a Ford dealer or a body shop. The resins should be available from an auto parts store or auto paint supply place.

I don't know if you can spot paint the damaged area or not. I understand that most modern paints require repainting a whole panel.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Moral of the story...

Don't skip school :p
+ ****ing one my friend

everytime I ever skiped school i had some shitty happen ranging from my friend accidentally racing a cop, cars overheating, running from staff out on lunch break we almost bumped into, and the occasional random blowout...

I got smart on kharma and started asking my mom for notes thaty excused me

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i figure its kharma, which sucks ass.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a material called SMC, its like fiberglass just differnt compitision, think a fiberglass epoxy will do any good?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i shot the picture when it wasnt locked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.