Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got some minor to medium swirl marks in my paint from the previous owner not doing correct detailing work. I know I'm going to get a Porter Cable 7424, but can someone point in the right direction as far as pads, polishes, glazes, waxes etc?

Also how often do the pads have to be replaced? And what is the recommended method of cleaning them?

I did a clay bar and 2 coats of carnuba wax before it got to be winter time and it will spring before I really devote a whole weekend to the swirl remover. I would just like to go ahead and get everything I need over the winter. If you all could post of list or materials and items needed I'd be greatly appreciative. Rapes will be done.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Meguairs Swirl Mark Remover and Ultimate Compound are very good products that ive had great success with on my truck.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have muscles, patientence or time to try and do it by hand. **** that

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Actually the Ultimate Compound is a dumbed down version of M105. As it stands, M105 is a pad dependant polish just like M205 and so is UC.

Ultimate Compound has less cut and more lubricants than M105, but can be used with decent results when in the right hands.

You could give UC a shot with the PC on speed 6 and a LC Orange pad. See how that does. Remember to do an isopropyl alcohol (91%) wipedown after each polishing step to see the true finish.

I ahve to stress though that UC will not replace the better polishes like the XMT series, Menzerna, Meguiar's 105/205, etc. If you are on a last resort type deal, UC might do the trick, but otherwise stick to the boutique items.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just use it because i dont have quite enough expirience to use a good cut compound so i dont want to screw anything up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.