Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 mustang gt! Decided to change the plugs in it last night! I went and bought NGK TR55. I re checked all the gaps. (.055). Well this morning I left the house and when I get on it it misfires like I'm spinng with traction control on! What's the cause of this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Could be a bad Coil on Plug. Also the stock spark plug gap is .052. I am not sure about the TR55's.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
You probably have something disconnected. The coil packs should have no problem arcing on a .055" gap, but that gap is a little wide.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should I set the gap at .050? I'm going to re check every thing when I get out of class.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what gap should i run my plugs at? .052 like the oem spec dont help out much!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
are you throwing an codes? if it is a disconnected cop it should throw a misfire code. think its P0351 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Did you by chance disconnect your fuel rails when you replaced your spark plugs?

If you can, please type out the steps you did when you changed the plugs...not trying to discredit you or anything like that just trying to think of what could have came loose.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
di you get all of the spring type pieces back in place inside the cops?

·
Registered
994 Posts
di you get all of the spring type pieces back in place inside the cops?
another note on that they do bend usually #8 and #6 pulling them out so make sure the springs aren't bent out of shape

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
could be making a halfass connection, thats why it cuts out only in high rpm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just gaped the plugs at .050...Every connection is plugged in right and she run soomth!! Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
see under wehre your name is when you post there is your pic and what you drive location and bs....below that there is three little symbols, you need the scale

1 - 20 of 21 Posts