Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend I installed my new clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster from UPR.

When I went under the car to remove the clutch fork cover, so that I could disconnect the clutch cable form the clutch fork, to my surprise there was not one there!!!! my clutch fork was completely exposed. I have no idea how long this has been this way! for all i know it’s been like this since i got the car! or perhaps FORD forgot to put it back on when i took it to them for warranty work 2 weeks ago.

How bad is it that the housing is missing?? i imagine water and debris could have easily gotten up into the bell housing. could this have caused any major issues. and does anyone have an idea where I can get a new one I’m assuming i can just get AutoZone to order one??

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My car hasn't had one on it in about a year........ I'm not that worried about it, to be honest.

Especially not for $65 for a piece of thin tin........

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car hasn't had one on it in about a year........ I'm not that worried about it, to be honest.

Especially not for $65 for a piece of thin tin........
ok. yea thats what i was wondering. i'm not gonna replace it if i don't have to. i just wanted to make sure it wasn't a big deal.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It could become a big deal with something ends up in there that shouldn't be. A simple rock could ruin my day, to be honest.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could become a big deal with something ends up in there that shouldn't be. A simple rock could ruin my day, to be honest.
yea, thats what i was worried about. you could hit something a bend your clutch fork.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I would be less worried about the clutch fork, and more worried about it hitting the pressure plate and getting slingshotted at 5000rpm into the transmission.......... lol

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be less worried about the clutch fork, and more worried about it hitting the pressure plate and getting slingshotted at 5000rpm into the transmission.......... lol
lol true that! i'll prob just replace the housing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts