Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Vortech V-1 for sale recently, but it is missing some pieces. Supposedly the head unit itself is in great condition, with no play. Anyways, I've been looking into lists as to what's missing, but I want to be 100% positive I have everything I need.

For $1,200, he has a V-1 S head unit, oil feed lines, oil return lines, oil fmu, air inlet system, discharge tubing, cooling hoses, coolant crossover, idler pullies, belt, 2.62" pulley (I plan on a different pulley, I'm not running a lot of boost) and a Bosch BOV.

First off...what's a decent price for this nowadays? I planned on talking him down if possible, but I'm not even sure what these are worth with the V-3 being self-contained oil, etc...

I planned on putting it on an 01 Cobra I just picked up when I get around to doing a compression test and making sure the engine is still healthy. She runs great, but the rear brakes were locked up. (I just need to replace rear hoses, already done pads and rotors on all 4 corners, the front lines are now Russell SS...rears were stuck and I ran out of time for the week to do it.)
The Cobra does have high mileage, (180,000 miles on the clock), but she drives very smooth. Seems to be stock except lowering springs (Eibach Sportline I think is what the number corresponded to?) and an SLP catback.
Now...if the Cobra has to sit around and get a little TLC, that's not a big deal. I have my 99 GT I could still put it on once I get her running again. (The GT just had a new starter put on...drove it to work just fine. Went to drive to work the next day, and it's dead. Click once, and nothing. Battery took a ****, need to get a new one or borrow the Cobra battery for now. Not sure if it was a ground, the new starter..or what. Oh well, I'll fix it lol)

Anyways, back to topic. Any help with a parts list and price/links would be GREATLY appreciated!
Advice for the Cobra is appreciated too. I know a few members have high mileage supercharged cars like...Eagle(?) I think. I don't plan on beating the piss out of it daily or taking it to the track often at all. It's just going to be something to have fun with occasionally on the weekends I don't have my kid.

Thanks, guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Why does it have an fmu?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts