Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my MM flsfc's, UPR LCA's, H&R SS springs, Koni STR.Ts, and a MM panhard bar (near future), would my mustang be able to hang with a 2001 stage 2 roush (stg2roush)? I really dont know what is all included in the stage 2 package, suspension-wise. I will also be getting a torque arm after the panhard bar... How much of a help would better sway bars be too?

Assuming same power, tires, etc. Just focusing on suspension... Would I be able to be any faster than one in the twisties, or on a slalom or road course

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Roush stage 2 basically consists of lca's, springs, and shocks. Thats about it. Sould like with the right tire you should have him in the twisties.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I probably wouldn't cuz as we speak, its torn apart being upgraded to a stage 3 haha. I was just curious as to the similarities/differences between the stage 2 package and what I got. Doesn't the stage 2 package have upgraded sway bars too?

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Roush Stage 2 Suspension:
Roush rear springs
Bilstein shocks/struts
Roush lower control arms
Roush rear sway bar
I think it also gets a strut tower brace, but I can't find info on that.

So, with a PHB and Torque arm, yeah, I think you can out handle it.

About the TA though, it alters the spring rates on the car, maybe consider coil-overs while doing it, since you'll be replacing the springs anyway?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I know. Do you know if the coilover kit on the MM website that says it works with Koni shocks will work with the STR.Ts or is it just for the Koni Yellow's? or something else?

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Gotta call them, I don't know off hand. I'd imagine that they would work, the STR's don't appear to be different externally...

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be awesome. There's gotta be guys on here with the STR.Ts that wanted or did go coilover. Hopefully some of them find this and can chime in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts