Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I found a complete mark8 motor fairly cheap, and perhapse found some 04 mach 1 heads, also fairly cheap. Aside from the intake manifold, is there anything different? Will it all bolt up just the same?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Yes you can mix and match modular stuff. I have 01 lincoln navigator heads (5.4 4v) on a teksid block with my Mach intake.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
are the navi heads B heads to??

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was mostly worried about things like the timing chains/cover and whatnot. Is it a direct swap, or are there little things here and there that need changed as well.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
as far as mixing and matchin, it can all be done. the 4v stuff is all interchangable with the exception of b-head or c-head set up. all the components like bearings, bolts, chains, tensioners, etc are all the same.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you can put a cobra intake on the b-heads tho right!?

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah B heads are cobra heads, just the 96-98 cobra

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
where do u shift at? what hp does ur car come with stock?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Who is this directed towards?

For b-port cars, stock at the crank is [email protected], [email protected], and I've heard that you shift absolutely as late as possible that won't hit the rev limiter (so, 6500? 6700?).

I don't drag race, though, so I'd wait 'til someone else chimed in on a proper shift point.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
what are the hp/tq numbers with the 99-01 cobra's (c-heads)..?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that's all good news, I wanted a 4v for cheap. Now I'm seriously thinking about picking up the motor and throwing in a forged rotating assembly, then get some 04 3v heads on it and call it a day. Is there anything more to it?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i dunno if the pi intake willl fit on the 3v heads.. but if not i know the throttle on the 3v's arn't cable driven.. but there is a converstion kit for this tho

·
Registered
649 Posts
well i've never had my car in stock form, so i dont know. i always shifted like at 6500 in case i didn't shift fast so i didn't overrev.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Well that's all good news, I wanted a 4v for cheap. Now I'm seriously thinking about picking up the motor and throwing in a forged rotating assembly, then get some 04 3v heads on it and call it a day. Is there anything more to it?
I'm assuming you mean 04 4v heads right? there aren't 04 3v heads.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^^ lol i didnt catch that!! dang!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ooh... i so theres not a big difference between the 98 and 01 cobras?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm assuming you mean 04 4v heads right? there aren't 04 3v heads.
yep yep, was thinking 03/04 4v, and did not type it.

Hm... what else is there to a motor besides the rotating assembly, block, heads, chain, chain cover, and oil/water pumps? If im swapping heads/internals, would it be cheaper to just buy everything and build the motor, or is there a lot of little **** that adds up?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts