Modded Mustang Forums banner

20241 - 20260 of 20929 Posts

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
Back bitches. Got to test out my travel trailer's toilet puking capability this morning. Apparently I drank too much yesterday. Needless to say, not having to run to the campground restroom to puke into some fat people sweaty ass toilets is truly glorious.

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
still considering moving to a mid size pickup truck

Apparently you can "try before you buy" rent vehicles from dealerships? May rent a Tacoma and see how I feel about it. I sat in one at the dealership when I was there last week getting the 4Runner serviced but it feels cheaper on the inside than the 4Runner even though it's got more tech. Kinda weird. Didn't test drive it though to see if all the complaints about the drivetrain are warranted. A weekend-long rental would give me a good idea though.

Or maybe just go back to a GMC Canyon with a diesel, but I don't think I actually need a diesel, plus Costco doesn't sell diesel. V6 with 8 speed still gets like 7,000lbs towing and the interior is way nicer than any of the other mid size trucks. It's also the only mid-size truck with a built-in brake controller. Headlights are garbage though and we know how I am about being a headlight snob, right @BWAL?

But then resale isn't as good as Tacoma plus I still have a kind of weird distaste for GM products but maybe that's unfounded.

It would just be really nice to have the longer wheelbase for the trailer plus a bed for storing all the dirty camping **** without getting the inside of the camper or SUV dirty and stinky.

I really need my next vehicle to be like, the last new vehicle I buy though. My carbon footprint has to got to be obscene by this point, ugh! Such a hypocrite!

Just sucks knowing that 2021 or 2022 will see a bunch of new redesigns on all these vehicles, so perhaps I should just hold out.

·
King Trashmouth
21,885 Posts
Have to clean out the gay ryge because stupid sky garbage is coming already.
Yeah I'm not ready for this bullshit. We went straight from 90's to 50's. No fall weather, and now it's time to go headlong into winter. **** you, nature.

still considering moving to a mid size pickup truck

Apparently you can "try before you buy" rent vehicles from dealerships? May rent a Tacoma and see how I feel about it. I sat in one at the dealership when I was there last week getting the 4Runner serviced but it feels cheaper on the inside than the 4Runner even though it's got more tech. Kinda weird. Didn't test drive it though to see if all the complaints about the drivetrain are warranted. A weekend-long rental would give me a good idea though.

Or maybe just go back to a GMC Canyon with a diesel, but I don't think I actually need a diesel, plus Costco doesn't sell diesel. V6 with 8 speed still gets like 7,000lbs towing and the interior is way nicer than any of the other mid size trucks. It's also the only mid-size truck with a built-in brake controller. Headlights are garbage though and we know how I am about being a headlight snob, right @BWAL?

But then resale isn't as good as Tacoma plus I still have a kind of weird distaste for GM products but maybe that's unfounded.

It would just be really nice to have the longer wheelbase for the trailer plus a bed for storing all the dirty camping **** without getting the inside of the camper or SUV dirty and stinky.

I really need my next vehicle to be like, the last new vehicle I buy though. My carbon footprint has to got to be obscene by this point, ugh! Such a hypocrite!

Just sucks knowing that 2021 or 2022 will see a bunch of new redesigns on all these vehicles, so perhaps I should just hold out.
Ah yes, time for a new vehicle before the new car smell even wears off.

Get a sawzall and chop the top of the Toyota off behind the C-pillar. Instant bed. It's like a RAV-4-Alanche.

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
I would go V6 with the Canyon all ****ing day over the stupid shitty diesel.
Are they that bad? I don't know much about diesels, I just thought anything "Duramax" was well built.

Another thought I'm having is to purchase a $10k-ish 2004-2006 V8 Tundra as a tow vehicle and then buy a used 2017+ VW Golf R for in-town/fun driving. If I time it right and get a 2018 or 2019, it'll have the 5 year/72,000 mile warranty before they tank it in 2020 and Carvana has a few Golf R's listed for $30-34k with low mileage.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Are they that bad? I don't know much about diesels, I just thought anything "Duramax" was well built.

Another thought I'm having is to purchase a $10k-ish 2004-2006 V8 Tundra as a tow vehicle and then buy a used 2017+ VW Golf R for in-town/fun driving. If I time it right and get a 2018 or 2019, it'll have the 5 year/72,000 mile warranty before they tank it in 2020 and Carvana has a few Golf R's listed for $30-34k with low mileage.
I can see zero reason to have the overpriced, underpowered, more finicky, barely MPG improving diesel over the gas.

My brother in law has a Colorado with the V6 and regularly knocks back 26mpg. If he went to the diesel he might get 29, but it would be a lot slower, cost more per gallon, maintenance costs would be higher and have to worry about the painfully expensive maintenance equipment failing which costs about as much as an engine on a gas vehicle.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
god I'm so glad you're here to understand instead of that silly @BWAL fella
I have the same problem.

But fortunately I just sold my place, so I'm not bankrupt, yet.

But I have a truck at my old place I haven't moved yet (I cleared the snow off of it today to make it look like it's being used), a car at my sisters, a trailer at my brother in laws, and 3 at my dads.

So the garage space thing doesn't really work out if you can keep them at other peoples houses who are sane enough to own less than 3 cars per person.

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
So the garage space thing doesn't really work out if you can keep them at other peoples houses who are sane enough to own less than 3 cars per person.
seriously, @BWAL tryna judge me when he's got like fifty ****ing cars. he's just "lucky" enough to have not had to pay for any of them. ****ing nazi won't even give me one for free.

20241 - 20260 of 20929 Posts