Modded Mustang Forums banner

2941 - 2960 of 20943 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
who are you?
How quickly we forget! :wink2:

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Nice 'Maro. I sold my 'Stang a while back and picked up another vehicle myself. No longer own any Fords.
:crying: I guess we're taking the Jeep off-roading when I'm back in socal (maybe permanently soon :))

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
How quickly we forget! :wink2:

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

:crying: I guess we're taking the Jeep off-roading when I'm back in socal (maybe permanently soon :))
Crazy weekend when you were down. Sorry I never got back to you man!

Just picked up a new Ram 4x4 1500 Hemi to tow my boat out to Havasu/Parker/Mohave. I don't miss the 'Stang that much when I'm out cruising the water. :grin2:

I now have the Jeep for off-roading, truck for pulling, and the boat for partying. lol

You going to move out to Rancho?

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Crazy weekend when you were down. Sorry I never got back to you man!

Just picked up a new Ram 4x4 1500 Hemi to tow my boat out to Havasu/Parker/Mohave. I don't miss the 'Stang that much when I'm out cruising the water. :grin2:

I now have the Jeep for off-roading, truck for pulling, and the boat for partying. lol

You going to move out to Rancho?
Man, I hope you have better luck with your Ram than I've had with mine. I'm 12,000 miles in and about ready to set it on fire and roll it off a cliff. I knew better than to buy a ****ing dodge.

But that 5.7/8 speed pulls like a mofo.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Man, I hope you have better luck with your Ram than I've had with mine. I'm 12,000 miles in and about ready to set it on fire and roll it off a cliff. I knew better than to buy a ****ing dodge.

Well ****. What's up with your Ram?

I didn't go Ford because my 5.0, being a fully loaded premium model had some serious build defects I noticed and the dealer refused to correct them. My cheaper 3.7 that I had before that had less quality control issues. So I didn't even consider looking at 150s when truck shopping.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts

I didn't go Ford because my 5.0, being a fully loaded premium model had some serious build defects I noticed and the dealer refused to correct them. My cheaper 3.7 that I had before that had less quality control issues. So I didn't even consider looking at 150s when truck shopping.
TPMS light flashes for 60' seconds then stays on.

The passenger side door has an incredible amount of wind noise and leaks when it rains.

Factory spray in bed liner coming out in chunks.

Air suspension sits 1.5" lower on passenger side than drivers side in all settings.

Got a check engine light about 6 weeks ago

3 weeks ago the gas gauge quit working, which is really annoying because the truck bitches at me because it thinks it's empty.

Last weekend the radio quit producing sounds. Display worked, but no sounds. It has started working again now....

I didn't buy a ford because I really like the Rebel, but it's typical junk from them.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts

In my experience, the build quality of the F150s is far better than their other vehicle offerings. My 06 and my dads 10 were both put together better than my Mustang, my ST and now my RS.

Not saying they are bad, just the F150 is much nicer.

The passenger side door has an incredible amount of wind noise and leaks when it rains.

Air suspension sits 1.5" lower on passenger side than drivers side in all settings.

3 weeks ago the gas gauge quit working, which is really annoying because the truck bitches at me because it thinks it's empty.

Last weekend the radio quit producing sounds. Display worked, but no sounds. It has started working again now....

I didn't buy a ford because I really like the Rebel, but it's typical junk from them.
Jesus...

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts

You know, the more I read about people with new vehicles (of all brands) and after working with many people who repair new vehicles for a living or just own new vehicles, I hear so many bad things about them. And it's not generally mechanical failures, it's usually all the bells and whistles stop working, don't function correctly, or just flat out never worked at all. I wonder if it's mostly the complexity of said systems, or just a quality control issue. As much as manufactures are asking for new vehicles, there shouldn't be any issues at all.

I'll sticking with my trusty '90's model craigslist specials.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts

My old man had his 2015 all over the country dragging a camper this summer. Only problem he had was it's a thirsty bastard in the mountains since it has to kick down a gear (or two). Climbs fine, just burns a lot of fuel doing it. No gremlins on his, but it's also a lower trim.

Alright any of you eggheads know the A/D process for MAF signal on the EEC-V? I'm looking over my datalogs and my MAF voltage looks good, when translated with the HPX-E transfer function its pretty reasonable numbers, but when I look at the counts it's insane. Jumping from 0-770 counts, which according to the transfer function should translate to 61.39 lb/hr, which would be about 600hp worth of air at idle. I don't think so. Something is screwy in the A/D conversion because the analog input looks ok.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts

Damn, that is a long list. Sucks to deal with that on a new vehicle. I didn't get the spray-in bed liner, my "appearance package" got rid of it. Instead it was the optional drop-in bed liner, dealer installed. Really hope this isn't what I'm getting myself into. I've had the truck for about a month now, and so far no complaints other than one really minor thing: bluetooth takes forever to connect compared to any other head unit system I've used. I have to drive around about a minute before trying.

Are they doing anything to correct those issues?

In my experience, the build quality of the F150s is far better than their other vehicle offerings. My 06 and my dads 10 were both put together better than my Mustang, my ST and now my RS.

Not saying they are bad, just the F150 is much nicer.
1) I must have a dirty mind because I tried really hard to see some sort of animal in that pic and I could not.

2) I felt a little burned by Ford and how they handled me. Then again, I don't think I've ever "enjoyed" any visit to a dealership. So far, I'm real happy with my 1500. Pulls my boat like nothing and has power to spare going up hills in 110* heat with 5k pounds hooked up.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I'm going to need an outline lol cant see bunny for ****.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

My f150 5.0 hasn't had any problems. I can see the u joints having some problems because I drive like I stole it.
Only @ 30k miles though. I wish the doors were a little more solid though where the super cab doors meet on bumps ear pressure ****. Thats more of a crybaby issue though. It's not a Lexus

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Rear wheels doing 440rpms

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Seriously it's fun to have a cockfag that thinks he is going to cut you off at the light because you're a truck and whadda ya know the big truck can get off the line just fine.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
went to the gas station yesterday

me: any idea when yall will have 93 octane again?

indian guy: how many do you need?

me: no, i'm asking when you'll have 93 octane gasoline in stock again

indian guy: yes, how many do you need?

me: six.

indian guy: we should have it tomorrow

me: thanks

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
went to the gas station yesterday

me: any idea when yall will have 93 octane again?

indian guy: how many do you need?

me: no, i'm asking when you'll have 93 octane gasoline in stock again

indian guy: yes, how many do you need?

me: six.

indian guy: we should have it tomorrow

me: thanks
six :lmao

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
2941 - 2960 of 20943 Posts