Modded Mustang Forums banner

2981 - 3000 of 20943 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Damn that's a ton of problems for a brand new truck. Especially that stupid **** like window seals, come on really dodge? They may look the best but I could never buy one with their track records. I wonder how long until those transmissions start blowing up..

Gas mileage sounds like my dad's 2011 ecoboost. 18 to 20 unloaded then gets 8 pulling a 32 foot camper trailer. That thing has its own issues being first year. I've always told him something was screwy with the transmission and sure as **** he got a notice in the mail a while ago about the speed sensors causing issues but they don't have a fix yet.
Well supposedly these 4th gen trucks have a much better for and finish, and better over all quality. I will say I love the interior. The seats are very comfortable, the cab is huge, with large back seats and a lot of leg room, it has the most usable console of any of the big 3, and the uconnect system works great. I figured I'd give them a shot, but it's the same piddly fit and finish bullshit it's always been.

So far the consensus is that the 8 speed is miles ahead of the previous 6 speed, and there haven't been too many problems with them. Supposed to be pretty solid. I can tell you that you never know the thing shifts and it works awesome when towing, and just normal driving.
I was generalising more than speaking to your specific situation. If I were you, I'd order a truck with no doors or gauges next time.
Dukes of Hazzard style!
I don't know why our Trannies would blow up. I'm familiar with the 545RFE in my Grand Cherokee and that thing is a beast.

When I rebuilt my Grand, I did replace just about everything in it, though. From heater core, to pistons and piston rings. It was like an 8 month project and I still have a few things to do it. Hopefully my truck just works for the next 10 years. (In defense of my Grand Cherokee, I did buy it broken and not running. Someone ran it till it overheated and had a bunch of electrical issues.)
Does your Ram not have the 8 speed?

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Yeah, it has the 8 speed. When in tow/haul mode, I noticed it doesn't really find itself needing to shift down too often on hills either. So far I've been happy with the performance. The tranny seems to stay right in the middle of it's power band when cruising around too.

My Ram also has the 3.92 gearing.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,397 Posts
howdy folks.

still on the hunt for a car to replace my caddy. going back and forth between the navigator and the escalade, and at this point the navi is winning because the 3rd row folds into the floor. also threw the cadillac xts into the mix. have to go try one of them on for size though.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
howdy folks.

still on the hunt for a car to replace my caddy. going back and forth between the navigator and the escalade, and at this point the navi is winning because the 3rd row folds into the floor. also threw the cadillac xts into the mix. have to go try one of them on for size though.
4Runner Limited? I believe the 3rd row folds into the floor. May be wrong there though.

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Well, classes done for the week? Anyone doing anything for the weekend?

Work tomorrow then going out for a few beers hopefully..Saturday my gfs friend has a gift card to a bar so they are gonna buy us each a pitcher of this tasty as **** long Island iced tea..gonna get **** faced off if it most likely..

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
^ Yeah I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow and can't waittttttt

Going to bring some patron and scotch (left overs from Mexico) with me and pre-game before the concerts all weekend.

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
And like that I leave texas... Doing a drop and hook and headin for Massachusetts. I actually really like this state. I l e been thinking where I want to live and I'm thinking texas.

Vegas sounds fun. I could use a few drinks myself lol. But I'll be able to do that soon. My mentor ships done so I'll go home for a few days.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
And like that I leave texas... Doing a drop and hook and headin for Massachusetts. I actually really like this state. I l e been thinking where I want to live and I'm thinking texas.

Vegas sounds fun. I could use a few drinks myself lol. But I'll be able to do that soon. My mentor ships done so I'll go home for a few days.
Texas roxxxxxx. You should live in Waco, it's the best city Texas has to offer.................:shiftyeyes

It seems like no one here has Mustangs anymore. :/
I love Mustangs. I just can't afford them and live my life at it's current state.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
It seems like no one here has Mustangs anymore. :/
Would you rather have one girl in your car or 12 strippers on your boat?

That's why I gave up my 5.0

(Ok, maybe not 12 strippers but.... its possible)

·