Modded Mustang Forums banner

11341 - 11360 of 20946 Posts

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
all this focus talk makes me kind of miss my ST. Though haveing a v8 big car is more important to me lol

start new job tomorrow. gonna be interesting

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I keep dreaming about verge hitting 19k. I'd have 57 million. Then we could party on Gonzo island. Cause I'd buy an island.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Be like the owner of Jimmy johns. Naked on a shark and ****.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

How many ford focus fit in my ass?

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
@Austin were you doing 'straight line' track days or running on actual tracks with the Focus/Stang?
Straight line track days aren't track days.

Those are sit in line for 45 minutes and wait to drive for 12 seconds days lol.

These are my stomping grounds for CO but we usually make it out to Heartland park in KS and Utah motorsport campus/park/whatevertheycallitnow every now and then.

High Plains Raceway - Colorado's Top Amateur Racing Track and Facility

https://www.rcscmotorsports.com/road-course

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts

These are my stomping grounds for CO but we usually make it out to Heartland park in KS and Utah motorsport campus/park/whatevertheycallitnow every now and then.

With your experience, do you think settling for a Focus ST would ultimately be a letdown? Or is the price discrepancy enough to be something that you would consider?

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
With your experience, do you think settling for a Focus ST would ultimately be a letdown? Or is the price discrepancy enough to be something that you would consider?
No it's still a great car.

The RS only shows it's strength over the RS when you go over 7/10s. Then it kind of like side steps into another league.

Even somewhat "spirited" driving is a good time in both cars.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
No it's still a great car.

The RS only shows it's strength over the RS when you go over 7/10s. Then it kind of like side steps into another league.

Even somewhat "spirited" driving is a good time in both cars.
So I guess that's kind of the thing. The AWD is very attractive because I got to drive an Audi A4 Quattro (not necessarily comparable, but AWD is the factor being discussed) around Thunder Hill in California for a track day event, and it was ****ing amazing having AWD.

I wouldn't be like hitting up race tracks every weekend, but knowing that I have that ability plus the HP boost is just really enticing.

Added to the fact that having AWD in Seattle is kind of nice for the times that I do need to hit up a gravel road or drive in stupid-wet conditions.

But man, the ST is such a more reasonably priced car but I'd be worried I'd regret not just dishing out the money for the upgrade.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts

Badass. I hit the track for the very first time last weekend in a Lamborghini Huracán. I was scared shitless. It was a blast and now I want to get more into it.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I guess the other concern is could I actually find an RS without a mark up?
Should be stupid easy to find one.

I paid under msrp and I had one of the first cars.

New 2017 Ford Focus RS For Sale | Excelsior Springs MO

I'm betting this price is correct. Call and ask for Nick, tell him I sent you and he will take care of you.

That's a very loaded car. You could probably sell the cup 2s and get a set of MPSSs to replace them and pocket a few hundred.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
But man, the ST is such a more reasonably priced car but I'd be worried I'd regret not just dishing out the money for the upgrade.
ahh, yes. you made the mistake of looking at the flagship car first and then thinking anything below it isn't adequate. the law of u dun goofed. we've all been there

11341 - 11360 of 20946 Posts