Modded Mustang Forums banner

19461 - 19480 of 20947 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Just for shits on flight simulator I flew a Cessna from MCI to the old Air field behind my house. But the GPS in the air bus was way different and I couldn't see the runway on the screen. I was way high and fast so I tried circling around trying to see it visually but flight simulator distance sucks.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
took exactly 2 weeks, a lot longer than expected, but the '65 coupe is almost 100%. just waiting on tires to arrive on wednesday and this bitch will be a flawless show winner. biggest expense was coffee, beer, and probably whatever health problems i developed from shitty diet and lack of sleep

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm retired so I still check in a couple of times a day but it appears to me that this forum has pretty much died. The last post in the 99-04 sub-forum was Aug. 22. The last post on the 05-10 forum was yesterday. The one before was Aug 15, 2019. On the 11-14 sub-forum the last post was Jun 14th so the newer models are not getting all the attention. The 15-19 model years don't even have a sub-forum.

I can remember when there were dozens of us building street cars. Many, mistakenly in my opinion, thought Nova superchargers were better than ProChargers. We had some good discussions. About that, gears, shifters, clutches, suspensions, everything. Now there is nothing. American Muscle still exists. I was just on their site but if you buy quality parts they last so you don't have to buy them again. The only bad part I ever bought was a Spec 1 clutch and pressure plate and it took a few months for it to go completely out.

There is pretty much no discussion anymore except for this one thread. Where did everyone go? If I want to read discussions about cars where should I go? If I can find something better I'll be gone as well.

Reactions: WickedSnake00

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Everyone pretty much moved to Facebook groups and Instagram. But they've got some serious weaknesses compared to forums. Forums are excellent in the regard of amassing technical information. That's the whole reason I signed up here, was searching for answers and I kept getting results on this site. It was a wealth of information, and with the rep system you could tell who was knowledgeable and who wasn't. Instagram is purely for flexing whatever the latest bolt ons you installed are, or the guys that run shops with insane six figure builds. But no information on how to get that way. Facebook is more chimpanzees slinging **** and occasional memes. Misinformation is rampant, not really many who know how to build beyond the most basic bolt ons.

There are a few forums that are still hanging on. Corral still has some activity over there, although I can't stand the format. They got the Autoguide treatment but don't have the "classic" appearance option. Not to mention the few that have stuck around there have all the warmth of sandpaper, and about as much useful information. SVTPerformance is still going pretty strong compared to others, even in spite of a lot of owners moving away from the platforms that made it popular. But they also didn't get ruined by good 'ol Autoguide.

P.S.: There's still a handful of us in southern Indiana. I've been trying to get something set up. Even the more frequent car meets that went on in town have dried up.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
It’s in its own category now?
There’s even a premium members only category. Traffics so insane they’re trying to give people an incentive to spend money.
Is this autoguide or is one of the admins drunk?

19461 - 19480 of 20947 Posts