Modded Mustang Forums banner

19641 - 19660 of 20931 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,934 Posts
Save tree million and retire in Kentucky spitting in a glass jar. Calk it tea

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Calk it real good doot do doot doot dad doot ta doot doot

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Yeeted into the void

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Or-

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Bartlebee,

I would hold off on the Ranger, because when the Ranger Raptor comes out it will tank the value of those trucks.

Keep the 4 runner for now.

·
King Trashmouth
21,886 Posts
idk, seems like wicked's life ended up great
So what you’re saying is I might end up divorced(since I am married), have a girlfriend who takes my money and have multiple cars that don’t run if I do it? Sounds great

So a full size pickup won't fit in my parking spot in my garage due to the length.

Guess we're gonna go check out the Ranger Lariat since there's a bunch of deals on them right now and the wheelbase + 7000lb towing capacity + all kinds of sweet bells and whistles = good trailer times.

Have to figure out if it'd be better to lease or buy since it's basically a guarantee that if the Ranger Raptor comes out in 2-3 years like is being talked about, I would be moving over to that FA SHO
Porque no Toyota? Or is it mandatory you switch from Toyota to Ford and back again?

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
Bartlebee,

I would hold off on the Ranger, because when the Ranger Raptor comes out it will tank the value of those trucks.

Keep the 4 runner for now.
Thought I already mentioned this to you but maybe it was to another friend of mine: plan is kind of to just lease it for two or three years since the rate isn't terrible even if I put $0 down. Then I can set aside my equity in the 4Runner and if the Raptor makes it over to the states in 2022/2023, I can just turn the Ranger in and decide what I want to do next.

Unfortunately I was reading that the Raptor may only have 5000 lb towing capacity and have half the payload capacity of the Lariat. At least that's how the overseas version is right now.

Plus, regardless, they'll be updating the Ranger that year whether the Raptor comes over or not.

And also, maybe by that time I'll live somewhere different where a full size truck can fit........but probably not.

But I really do need the longer wheelbase of at least a midsize truck and a transmission that was intended to handle that kind of load to deal with the trailer. I don't want to add a ****ing cooler to the 4Runner only to have the trailer flip me over down a mountain pass anyway.

I'd look at the Tacoma as well but the 2020's haven't arrived yet and I don't want the 2019 without all the features when I know I'd regret not waiting for the 2020. But then the 2020's will never sell below MSRP until 12 months from now because the dealers don't budge on Tacomas/4Runners/Tundras when it comes to pricing, especially in this part of the country. Also, every single review bitches about not being able to fit in the Tacoma's, even some guy that's 5' 6" and I'm 6' 1". I may go check them out just to be sure though.

There are shittons of Lariat Rangers around here that are 8-10k off MSRP right now.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Porque no Toyota? Or is it mandatory you switch from Toyota to Ford and back again?
That and I don't want to give colleen another aneurysm

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Thought I already mentioned this to you but maybe it was to another friend of mine: plan is kind of to just lease it for two or three years since the rate isn't terrible even if I put $0 down. Then I can set aside my equity in the 4Runner and if the Raptor makes it over to the states in 2022/2023, I can just turn the Ranger in and decide what I want to do next.

Unfortunately I was reading that the Raptor may only have 5000 lb towing capacity and have half the payload capacity of the Lariat. At least that's how the overseas version is right now.

Plus, regardless, they'll be updating the Ranger that year whether the Raptor comes over or not.

And also, maybe by that time I'll live somewhere different where a full size truck can fit........but probably not.

But I really do need the longer wheelbase of at least a midsize truck and a transmission that was intended to handle that kind of load to deal with the trailer. I don't want to add a ****ing cooler to the 4Runner only to have the trailer flip me over down a mountain pass anyway.

I'd look at the Tacoma as well but the 2020's haven't arrived yet and I don't want the 2019 without all the features when I know I'd regret not waiting for the 2020. But then the 2020's will never sell below MSRP until 12 months from now because the dealers don't budge on Tacomas/4Runners/Tundras when it comes to pricing, especially in this part of the country. Also, every single review bitches about not being able to fit in the Tacoma's, even some guy that's 5' 6" and I'm 6' 1". I may go check them out just to be sure though.

There are shittons of Lariat Rangers around here that are 8-10k off MSRP right now.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

That and I don't want to give colleen another aneurysm
The lease idea isn't a bad call.

Also, yeah, never put money down on a lease.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Also, the Tacoma is ****ing cramped as hell lol.

You have to smash your head on the roof every time you get in because it has a weird shape.

·
Registered
22,811 Posts
Can’t forget the Tundra and possibly the Tacoma are getting completely redesigned for 2021 or 2022. They both need better drivetrains to stay competitive imo. I love the tundra but the mpg is god awful compared to the other full size trucks.

·
missippi roolz
9,242 Posts
Can’t forget the Tundra and possibly the Tacoma are getting completely redesigned for 2021 or 2022. They both need better drivetrains to stay competitive imo. I love the tundra but the mpg is god awful compared to the other full size trucks.
I'll believe it when I see it, but yes, they should be getting a real update sometime in the next few years.

But Toyota hates innovation because they can rely on everyone else doing their R&D for them knowing their reputation will continue to make their trucks and SUV's fly off the ****ing lot without any discounts whatsoever.

But it's looking like with the amount of Rangers in my neck of the woods, I can put $0 down on a 4x4 Lariat FX4, etc and get a monthly payment equal to or less than my 4Runner payment even for a 24 month lease.

Then I can put my $5000-ish equity of the 4Runner into my brokerage account and hope Trump doesn't tank the economy so that I'll have a decent down payment for all the new options in 2022/2023.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

It's killing me how badly I want to know what the **** is going on with the politics section being one of the busiest sections on the site

@BWAL, are the top mods really not able to alter the forum design to make that section private again? I know it's almost overly-paranoid, but that **** shouldn't be publicly searchable.

19641 - 19660 of 20931 Posts