Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
95521 - 95540 of 195170 Posts

·
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master **** shoveler
4,120 Posts
The red one was an '01 CBR 600 F4i. Pretty much learned on it and had it for a year. 250 doesn't bother me 'cause I pretty much went two places on the bike and both never exceed a 40 mph speed limit and were curvy. I never really needed the 600 and it was big. I don't like one footing bikes and I was on my tip toes on that bike.
But every time I browse Craigslist I fall in love with a 70's bobber. But I've never ridden anything besides a sportbike and a Buell Blast I took the license test on.
I love f3 and 4s. I've had a few. But your right 70's style bobbrrs are the most beautiful things on earth. Thats why I'm making one lol. They aren't hard to ride. Same as anything else. Just keep the shiny side up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
I'm just looking for something smaller overall. I don't like lowering sport bikes. That Buell was the smallest thing I ever sat on. I had both feet flat on the ground. It felt so weird yet amazing to feel like a big person, lal.
The guy actually gave me that one specifically 'cause the seat was lower than the others.

·
King Trashmouth
21,886 Posts
[/COLOR]Wicked you want a new car?
If only I had a decent engine to put in it. :cry:

I've got two modular cars in my driveway, neither with a complete engine, and out of the 3 modular engines I have, one is decent. Another has a cracked block, and who the hell knows what's wrong with the third.

Although I will be taking my heads in to get magnaglowed Monday. :bubba:

·
4,120 Posts
I'm just looking for something smaller overall. I don't like lowering sport bikes. That Buell was the smallest thing I ever sat on. I had both feet flat on the ground. It felt so weird yet amazing to feel like a big person, lal.
The guy actually gave me that one specifically 'cause the seat was lower than the others.
Well if you get a bobber don't let engine size scare you a 1000cc from the seventies isn't going to be as fast as that 600 you had.

Plus with a bobb both feet will touch the ground easy but the ride is rough.

Also I don't even know what you look like but female plus a bobb equals ****ing hott.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
I have a really bad urge to get a bike, but mom is all like "NO!!". that and the empty wallet is sorta an issue.

·
King Trashmouth
21,886 Posts
Wish I was any good in my painting. :facepalm: the whole car needs a respray. The paint is terrible. Wish I had the money to have it done professionally, but that **** is expensive.
Painting really isn't that hard. It just takes a whole lot of patience and to be a perfectionist.

It's actually hard to completely **** it up. All you can do is make a little more work for yourself.

Sand through the clear? Welp, put on more clear and try again.

Got a run in the paint? Sand it out, put on another coat.

Used too coarse/fine sandpaper? You just waste some time doing more sanding than you need.

Its one of those things that takes a feel for, but the more you **** up, the more you get a feel for it.

Throw caution to the wind. Go for it. It's worth it to learn.

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
Painting really isn't that hard. It just takes a whole lot of patience and to be a perfectionist.

It's actually hard to completely **** it up. All you can do is make a little more work for yourself.

Sand through the clear? Welp, put on more clear and try again.

Got a run in the paint? Sand it out, put on another coat.

Used too coarse/fine sandpaper? You just waste some time doing more sanding than you need.

Its one of those things that takes a feel for, but the more you **** up, the more you get a feel for it.

Throw caution to the wind. Go for it. It's worth it to learn.
Yeah, I've been practicing a bit (but paint aint cheap) and so far I get orange peel to hell that I cant seem to sand out properly and my clear coats fisheye no matter how hard I try.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I have a really bad urge to get a bike, but mom is all like "NO!!". that and the empty wallet is sorta an issue.
Lol I know how you feel man, except for me its more my wallet screaming "NO!". The bike I want I could pick up for like a grand, but, well, first off I dont have a grand to just throw at something and I definitely cant afford the insurance.

·
4,120 Posts
Yeah, I've been practicing a bit (but paint aint cheap) and so far I get orange peel to hell that I cant seem to sand out properly and my clear coats fisheye no matter how hard I try.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Lol I know how you feel man, except for me its more my wallet screaming "NO!". The bike I want I could pick up for like a grand, but, well, first off I dont have a grand to just throw at something and I definitely cant afford the insurance.
Move your gun or can back a few inches and put on thin coats. If its Orange peeling your putting it on too thick.

And bikr insurance is 150 a YEAR for full coverage per bike for me

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
my wallet will be screaming that for a long time. need a winter vehicle, want a bike, pay for college. Im surprised I can even keep up with my car and all the mods lol

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
Move your gun or can back a few inches and put on thin coats. If its Orange peeling your putting it on too thick.

And bikr insurance is 150 a YEAR for full coverage per bike for me

Yeah, I need to pick up some more soon and find a better piece of metal to practice on. The piece I grabbed from work had some odd contours which made it kind of hard to sand. Any advice on the fish eyes?

And Id think with my lack of riding experience and age, my insurance would be a bit higher, right?

Dammit, Mach, you have me looking at bikes again.

·
Registered
22,811 Posts

The ppg paint I use is only around $25 a pint ready to spray.

·
4,120 Posts
Yeah, I need to pick up some more soon and find a better piece of metal to practice on. The piece I grabbed from work had some odd contours which made it kind of hard to sand. Any advice on the fish eyes?

And Id think with my lack of riding experience and age, my insurance would be a bit higher, right?

I dont have much advice on the fish eye....I've never cleared anything lol. Matte out of a gun or rattle can gloss......

As long as you take a saftey course and have your license it shouldn't be too much different.

Also when they ask how long have you rode. Take the first time you were on a 2 wheel vehicle and subtract rrom your current age and tell them that lol

I'm 24 and tell them I have about 16 years of riding experience because I got my first dirtbike at 8.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
I am suddenly absolutely starving. I also feel sick which makes me not want to eat. Plus what little we have will irritate my throat and upset my stomach worse.
This is so annoying.
Wish jello was instantly congealing. That sounds good right now.

·
King Trashmouth
21,886 Posts
Pick up the book "Bodywork basics" by Eddie Paul. I think that's the name of it.
Read it cover to cover a few times. It has a wealth of knowledge in it.

The ppg paint I use is only around $25 a pint ready to spray.
****, where do you buy it that cheap from?

·
4,120 Posts

I'm thinking that fish eye affwct is the same problem. Do thinner coats and move your gun or can back a few more inches. Make sure you don't slow down while your spraying.

95521 - 95540 of 195170 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.