Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
183361 - 183380 of 195170 Posts

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
I had a 99 35th SE GT YEARS ago...the Mach 460 in that thing was a nightmare and the Shaker 500 10 years newer is no better.

I got a big kick out of buying my Bullitt and realizing it had the same key fob as mid 90s explorers. Ford sucks with electronics, hah.
****ing Fords.

Every time I decide I'm gonna splurge on a new head unit I decide to spend the money elsewhere. It doesn't bother me enough to justify it. I just miss having my own good music. But whenever something shitty or commercials come on the radio I just turn it off and listen to the car. Works out.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My 08 has the shaker 500 with aftermarket sub's. My aux hookup works just fine, and haven't had any issues with the rest of the stereo.

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
I did the single in my old car and they had a little shelf thing to take up the other half. It was really nice actually. Perfect for my phone.
The PO of my car replaced the Mach 460 (a 2 single din piece) with u think literally the cheapest 1 piece single din unit that he could find with all the fancy options (Aux, usb, Bluetooth, etc). Not only is the radio a piece of **** (the radio itself doesn't work anymore for some reason, only Aux and bluetooth) but I hate the little shelf put in to replace the cd player part of the original radio. It's a catchall and looks like ****.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
The PO of my car replaced the Mach 460 (a 2 single din piece) with u think literally the cheapest 1 piece single din unit that he could find with all the fancy options (Aux, usb, Bluetooth, etc). Not only is the radio a piece of **** (the radio itself doesn't work anymore for some reason, only Aux and bluetooth) but I hate the little shelf put in to replace the cd player part of the original radio. It's a catchall and looks like ****.
I felt like mine blended in nicely. And I only ever kept my parking pass for the school parking lot in high school in there and my phone when I was driving. I don't have a lot of stuff in my car. Don't keep change in there or anything. I get a purse for that.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

By the way @AG Jeff right now this thread is posting much faster than it has since the update.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I take that back. They had been going through quickly. So naturally, as soon as I say it, that took about 30 seconds to go through. -_-

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
Well, I mean, the other issue is that the shelf itself is **** and just sits in there. I can just pull it out and, oh hi there ECU.

I just have a bunch of CDs in there right now. I intend on finding the bezel out of a new edge (with the double din) and then finding a solid double din piece to put in to clean up the dash.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
Well, I mean, the other issue is that the shelf itself is **** and just sits in there. I can just pull it out and, oh hi there ECU.

I just have a bunch of CDs in there right now. I intend on finding the bezel out of a new edge (with the double din) and then finding a solid double din piece to put in to clean up the dash.
Ohhhh. I don't know how mine was in there. Never felt loose or anything. I just let the store install it though. I'll happily get in way over my head mechanically but I don't do even the simplest wiring.

·