Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
184081 - 184100 of 195170 Posts

·
7,909 Posts
How are those paint chips treating you?
If the difference between nice show car and dd are paint chips, you need to adjust your criteria for each. I've got a few chips but I know how to fill them in. I'm pretty much the only person that needs any imperfections in it. Before I bought the FRS to be a DD, I drove the Mustang every day in any kind of weather (sans snow/ice) anywhere in town and it still looks good.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
If the difference between nice show car and dd are paint chips, you need to adjust your criteria for each. I've got a few chips but I know how to fill them in. I'm pretty much the only person that needs any imperfections in it. Before I bought the FRS to be a DD, I drove the Mustang every day in any kind of weather (sans snow/ice) anywhere in town and it still looks good.

Why are you shrugging of paint chips like they don't affect how people see your car...?

When you drive 5 miles after getting a fresh paint and get a chip taken out from a car kicking up rocks. Or a curb scuffing the chin/wheels... Or a coyote deciding to suicide dash into the radiator...

It's kinda hard to want to keep driving it as a dd since you know that **** will always **** you up.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also, pictures prove jack **** about paint...

·
7,909 Posts
Why are you shrugging of paint chips like they don't affect how people see your car...?

When you drive 5 miles after getting a fresh paint and get a chip taken out from a car kicking up rocks. Or a curb scuffing the chin/wheels... Or a coyote deciding to suicide dash into the radiator...

It's kinda hard to want to keep driving it as a dd since you know that **** will always **** you up.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also, pictures prove jack **** about paint...

Not sure why you're taking something so personally. :swordfight:

Paint chips don't affect the way people look at the car cause unless they're inspecting from 2 or 3 inches away they're not going to see them when you know how to fill them in.

Rocks getting tossed up can be annoying but its part of car ownership. It's going to happen, it used to bother me at first but you get over it. Can't stop it. The curbing the chin and wheels is your own fault.

I've taken mine to shows and won plaques and trophies while it was a DD and Louisiana roads are ****, especially the ones in Baton Rouge. Once you accept that things are going to happen to it and enjoy the car instead of the way other people are going to perceive it, the better off you'll be.

The pictures tell a lot, the car spent six months out of each year the last five years parked under trees and and the condition of the car is still great.

Some things you can't control, like having to drive through a lot that's got a dip your car can't properly navigate but it is what it is. I've scraped that cat twice.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Not sure why you're taking something so personally. :swordfight:

Paint chips don't affect the way people look at the car cause unless they're inspecting from 2 or 3 inches away they're not going to see them when you know how to fill them in.

Rocks getting tossed up can be annoying but its part of car ownership. It's going to happen, it used to bother me at first but you get over it. Can't stop it. The curbing the chin and wheels is your own fault.

I've taken mine to shows and won plaques and trophies while it was a DD and Louisiana roads are ****, especially the ones in Baton Rouge. Once you accept that things are going to happen to it and enjoy the car instead of the way other people are going to perceive it, the better off you'll be.

The pictures tell a lot, the car spent six months out of each year the last five years parked under trees and and the condition of the car is still great.

Some things you can't control, like having to drive through a lot that's got a dip your car can't properly navigate but it is what it is. I've scraped that cat twice.

Why wouldn't you take it personally? It's something you own and care for, yet it gets ****ed up.

:dunno I care more about how I see my car, and I scrutinize the details... I am starting to not really care after having to repair the bumper twice in a month and half now though... :(

Same here, how do you like it so far?
I love it. Started work again though... So no time anymore... :(

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Why wouldn't you take it personally? It's something you own and care for, yet it gets ****ed up.

:dunno I care more about how I see my car, and I scrutinize the details... I am starting to not really care after having to repair the bumper twice in a month and half now though... :(

I love it. Started work again though... So no time anymore... :(
Ahhhh shitty I'm working right now, I try to get a hour in here and there, but that hour feels like 10 minutes.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Ahhhh shitty I'm working right now, I try to get a hour in here and there, but that hour feels like 10 minutes.
Yeah... I made it to lvl 14 in my two days off :baller:

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Holy, I just hit lvl 18 today but I've been playing here and there since it was released, only thing I can't figure out is the game of Gwent haha.
That's easy, I built for siege and have debuffs for all other types. The horn card really helps. I kept a few high power range and close types also the spy cards help that let you gain extra cards in use those first round and pass. Then I have 11-13 cards and the opponent has like 7 :lol

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Play Gwent with the local merchants to gain strategy for your deck. Then take on the Bloody Baron and start a quest for Gwent. Also mission boards help if they are Gwent notices

184081 - 184100 of 195170 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.