Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
193021 - 193040 of 195170 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I decided to just go with something smaller. I don't want to run tons of power. Plus, this will be easy to hide. One bolted amp on the backseats is enough. I can always sell it and upgrade if I'm not satisfied

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

My speakers are 4ohm

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
My speakers capable of running at one ohm. So I would just like an amp that dose one ohm
Very well, what are you running right now? 2ohm ?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I decided to just go with something smaller. I don't want to run tons of power. Plus, this will be easy to hide. One bolted amp on the backseats is enough. I can always sell it and upgrade if I'm not satisfied

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

My speakers are 4ohm
That's what that amp is for, 4ohm

You'll be fine plus that will be easy and clean to hide.

Should be getting close to install time right?? When she go in.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
The factory Mach sound system is a 4 ohm set up. How can it be a 1ohm? Is haven't heard of any car with a factory 1ohm setup

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Install is Friday at 11amcst. I'm excited to hear my two thousand dollars go to work :lol

It's hard to think about anything else. This is the most I've invested since I dropped $500 on exhaust for the Mustang.

I'm also anxious that something will go wrong since this G35 dash stuff is a freaking nightmare waiting to happen.

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
The factory Mach sound system is a 4 ohm set up. How can it be a 1ohm? Is haven't heard of any car with a factory 1ohm setup
I'm talking about my kicker. It's a dual 2ohm coil subwoofer. I have it wired in seris at 4 ohms. But I'd rsther have it wired parallel for 1ohm

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I don't think any automakers offer a 1 ohm setup it would be stupid.

Most Ford's are 4 ohm gm uses 4 ohm, 6 ohm and sometimes 8 ohm.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I want more power....
You're crazy

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I'm talking about my kicker. It's a dual 2ohm coil subwoofer. I have it wired in seris at 4 ohms. But I'd rsther have it wired parallel for 1ohm
Just kick back and enjoy the sub, dude. I'm sure it sounds fine. I'd worry about s speaker upgrade before I messed with the sub any more :)

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Ohh. But why do you even need more power? The point of a subwoofer is to deliver clear, low bass. Not to make darting noises so loud that everyone else can hear and drowns out your own music. Oh wait.. your going to be one of those guys. Blares bass heavy songs just to make noise for no reason, and not for the purpose of enjoying music.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Ohh. But why do you even need more power? The point of a subwoofer is to deliver clear, low bass. Not to make darting noises so loud that everyone else can hear and drowns out your own music. Oh wait.. your going to be one of those guys. Blares bass heavy songs just to make noise for no reason, and not for the purpose of enjoying music.
Totally agree. ADD to the music, dont drown it out. Some people don't understand

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
It sounds great right now. I want more power in my whole system. More power in the doors, rear deck and sub. I want it. But I'm very happy with this set up and will be for a long time

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Also I can hear all the mids and highs above my bass. Even when the bass is vibrating everything like crazy.
(It's like having a very fine back and ads massage)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Just keep this in mind, the higher the ohm the cleaner the sound but less sound output "less power"

The lower ohms allow "more power" and more sound output "mainly for subwoofers" with more power comes the possibility of distortion or clipping.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
Well he's likely all kinds of deaf from his exhaust and already had the poor taste to do that to the exhaust before it killed his hearing. No surprise really.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
193021 - 193040 of 195170 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.