Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
193081 - 193100 of 195170 Posts

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
Anyone known if I can run aftermarket speakers on the machs amps? I heard somewhere a while ago you can't but thiers alot of knowledgeable people in here tonight that I trust alot more

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Here's the woofer that would be going in the Fox if I ever decide to get fancy lol
Looks perdy

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Eh, maby your right then and my speakers are on thier way out. But do you have bass blockers on the tweeters?

there factory so I dont know. Yes if thats a factory thing. Sounds like it though

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Also I think I set my lpf to 100
Anyone known if I can run aftermarket speakers on the machs amps? I heard somewhere a while ago you can't but thiers alot of knowledgeable people in here tonight that I trust alot more

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Looks perdy
you can but wiring is a bitch. You have to maintain the same harness connections.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

Looks perdy
No you can't.

The two amps that drive the four speakers, each amp driving two speakers in parallel. The parallel wiring drops the impedance seen by the amp to 3 ohms which is why you can't just pop 4-ohm aftermarket drivers in their places since this would make the impedance 2 ohms which is a significant increase in power required of the amp.

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
you can but wiring is a bitch. You have to maintain the same harness connections.
That's fine. Just unplug from the stock speakers and put new speaker in its place right?

Also for anyone interested, I said I'd add a vid in my sound thread but I don't feel like updating http://youtu.be/JA31Q1QraH4
Again I really can't thank@Marc enough for the kicker cvr recommendation

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
No you can't.

The two amps that drive the four speakers, each amp driving two speakers in parallel. The parallel wiring drops the impedance seen by the amp to 3 ohms which is why you can't just pop 4-ohm aftermarket drivers in their places since this would make the impedance 2 ohms which is a significant increase in power required of the amp.
thats news to me. Id listen to him ^ lol

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

That's fine. Just unplug from the stock speakers and put new speaker in its place right?

Also for anyone interested, I said I'd add a vid in my sound thread but I don't feel like updating http://youtu.be/JA31Q1QraH4
Again I really can't that no @Marc enough for the kicker cvr recommendation
yes. cause an iphone will clearly show how well the bass sounds. And on that note, the entire thing sounds like ass. Including the car :shiftyeyes

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
for the longest time i thought they were 4 ohm speakers. or I guess 8 should you say. Didnt realize they were a retarded 3 ohm

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
Well ****. I'd have to rip out the amps and and redo everything then. **** that ****.
Also, you can't even hear the exhaust in that vid. Andbits just to show how much the sub moves anyways :p

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I sent it to my friend this morning before work who has 2 10s of craigslist and his reply was basically O.O

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Turns out I have an ad virus. Currently removing.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
for the longest time i thought they were 4 ohm speakers. or I guess 8 should you say. Didnt realize they were a retarded 3 ohm
6ohm wired parallel = 3ohm
It's all ****y lol

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Well ****. I'd have to rip out the amps and and redo everything then. **** that ****.
Also, you can't even hear the exhaust in that vid. Andbits just to show how much the sub moves anyways :p

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I sent it to my friend this morning before work who has 2 10s of craigslist and his reply was basically O.O
Not really just buy 6ohm speakers remove the connection and solder.

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
Are thier any 6 ohm speakers aftermarket? It is an odd resistance. I feel a trip to kicker.com is in order.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

All kicker has is 4 ohm mids and tweeters :( I'd love to replace all speakers with kicker after hearing how good the sub is.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Couldent I just put a 2ohm resistor in the circuit for each speaker? Bring total impedance per speaker to the magical 6?

193081 - 193100 of 195170 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.