Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Hellion

Votes: 20 55.6%
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I made up my mind, as soon as I get the funds together in the upcoming months I will be purchasing a Single Turbo Kit for my 2006.

I am looking for kits that have multiple upgradeable options that are safe, warrantied, reccomended by members here, and wont cause me problems down the road.

Below are the links for the ones im looking at.

05-09 Mustang Single Turbo
This one made by HP performance offers different size turbos and alot of diff options for future upgrades. Im not sure I like the piping layout though

This one looks decent. Still not a fan of piping

Turbo-Kits.com - 87-93, 94-95 & 2005+ Ford Mustang Turbo & Twin Turbo Kits
this site has the Turbonetics and STS kits. Ive heard good things about Turbonetics so if you guys have a better link that would be awesome.

05-09 Mustang GT Single Turbo System - 350 to 850 HP
And one of my favorites the Hellion.

Besides Clearance issues if I lower the car, I could see this being the prime choice

NOTE: Also with this purchase Ill be getting gauges and such to keep on Eye on boost, but what other gauges will I need?

I will also be getting 4.10's and Spydershaft.

Help me out so I can find out what I need to save and just do it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience with these but from what I've read: Hellion and Turbonetics seem to be popular units. I don't know about the GMS one. The HP kits are supposed to be good but I've heard of long waits after ordering them, I'm talking long like in months. From what I understand they build them to order and sometimes they have been delivered incomplete which causes more delays.

Whatever you do talk to these guys about size. Too big of a turbo can be just as bad as too small.

As far as guages, wideband & fuel pressure along with the manifold pressure should be the minimum needed for any boosted set up.

Reactions: 2006GTARPD3

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
You should PM the guys on here that have turbos and get first hand experience

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i may be worng but aren't the Hellion kits Turbonetics turbos?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
woo I was right! Turbonetics 61mm Turbo

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Whatever one you go with, do not get 4.10s with a turbo.
Why not? He might be a better driver than we think. I got 4.10's and I plan on F/I down the road. There are plenty of guys using shorter gears on their set ups. It just takes a little more skill.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
Why not? He might be a better driver than we think. I got 4.10's and I plan on F/I down the road. There are plenty of guys using shorter gears on their set ups. It just takes a little more skill.
yes with a supercharger 4.10's is fine... with a turbo it'll be less fun.. it's better to stay in gear longer cause turbo needs to wait 62years to spool anyways

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
yes with a supercharger 4.10's is fine... with a turbo it'll be less fun.. it's better to stay in gear longer cause turbo needs to wait 62years to spool anyways
Well that makes sense to me now. Could he just get a smaller turbo or the "right size" one for his set up? Depending on what his end goal is, might a 4.10, small turbo combo work?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Neither of them.

Well that makes sense to me now. Could he just get a smaller turbo or the "right size" one for his set up? Depending on what his end goal is, might a 4.10, small turbo combo work?
No, turbos need the load that "higher" gears create.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I have the stock 3.31's, and Im automatic.

What gears should I get.

And I See everyone is voting hellion. Can someone explain why they picked hellion over the others?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
It has nothing to do with how well he can drive, with 4.10s, you don't give the turbo time to hit full boost before the transmission shifts. Turbos need to be under load to perform to their fullest.

Well I have the stock 3.31's, and Im automatic.

What gears should I get.

And I See everyone is voting hellion. Can someone explain why they picked hellion over the others?
If I were you I would just leave the gears stock and see how they work with the turbo and if you don't like em then you can change em.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hellion being installed right now.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hellion being installed right now.
Are you doing or having a shop do it? I want to do it myself but if a speed shop local to me gives me a good price I might want them to do it and have it done right and not worry about it ya know?

Did you do any upgrades to the kit or the basic package?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts