Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a maximum grip box be overkill for a car that would just be a street/occassional strip car? I mean I dont plan on taking it to the track ever, but I like the twisties and turnies and hills just outside my town...I need to replace the suspension components and figured it would be worth saving for, but why pay 4500+ for a kit I dont neccessarily need right? Opinions?

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Yes.

I have the Grip Box in my car. To much for a daily driver.

My car handled very well on good Springs, Frame Connectors and a fat front sway bar. Oh, and good tires.

By the way, I have a set of Adjustable MM Lower Control arms if you want, pm me.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thats kinda what I figured, and I will def. keep you in mind for those adjustables, this is all going into my planning phase right now lol, Reps btw

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Would a maximum grip box be overkill for a car that would just be a street/occassional strip car? I mean I dont plan on taking it to the track ever, but I like the twisties and turnies and hills just outside my town...I need to replace the suspension components and figured it would be worth saving for, but why pay 4500+ for a kit I dont neccessarily need right? Opinions?
Mines on the street every day =) Only thing I'm missing is the cage! It is a rough ass ride though!

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda figured it might be like that, I imagined close to the ride I felt when driving my buddies 06 STI, minus the telepathic steering and AWD lol. I felt everyday bump and pebble I went across on the freeway

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I don't see it as over-kill for the stree, but not really the right direction for a 1/4 mile ride :no

MM is a company who's focus is corner-carving, not quarter-carving! I recommend you look elsewhere for your 1/4 mile needs.

Jazzer :)

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew you might be lurking in the shadows of the 96-98 forum Jazzer, well i should have been more specific, when I say occassional track car I mean like I might head to the track at most 4 or 5 times a year, I prefer twisties cruising around my area in the hills, so it wouldnt be overkill for that?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
IMO..... :no My car is well beyond that of the MM Grip Box and dig it hard :yes

Sure, it is quite noisy and not the ideal choice of many for a first date, although took my fiance in it on first date and worked out pretty well :D, but if fine to me. Even though I don't rip around every corner, it is not necessary to feel its ability to take one. Much in the same way that a very high HP ride STILL feels good even going mellow off of the line. Not getting its full potential, but can sense the power reguardless.

In terms of what works on the street, the 1/4 mile and the open-track, one will lose LESS performance, building the car geared specifically for twisties, over one built specifically for the launch-pad. That is to say, a twisty beast will be OK on the 1/4, but a full-on 1/4 car will be HORRIBLE on the twisties.

Jazzer.... lurker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts