Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all! im just tossing around an idea that would be instead of going fi with my MMR 4.75, possibly just seeing where i could take it by just adding some Trickflow twisted wedges and some cams etc and keeping her non fi? How much power could I make running high compression than going fi and what would my cost be plus a fuel system?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You can make up around 380-400rwhp with a fully done setup. If I wanted a lot of na horsepower, I would buy ported tfs heads, custom grind cams to match, flow match the intake, as for the intake, the edlebrock would work good, but if you have the money, I would o with the Logan intake. Then the rest of your bolt ons.

But I mean, you could buy a used centri kit and make 400+ for $2500. Those TFS heads alone would be $3000+. You would definitely want good compression too. Like 11 or 12:1.

As cool as it is making horsepower na on these motors, IMO it's really not worth it.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yep, just get a used centri kit. It's more suitable for a dd and cheaper when compared to a n/a build on these motors.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show me a centri kit for cheaper
please

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Your garage says you have 9.5:1 compression ratio. Trick Flow 38cc heads will bump that up a little but not enough to get you mid-to-high 300 numbers. I'm guessing you will get closer to 320-330 rwhp.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
If you already have the built MMR block go supercharger, even with a used s trim you could go over 500whp. A nice piece it together yourself kit using a used headunit and everything else new including (gauges, fmic, fuel, piping, tune.....everything you need) will run you right at 4k. This is using the best parts, so if you wanted a kit that just did what its supposed to your looking at 2.8-3.2k

My main idea is you shouldnt waste your money on an n/a 2v to only want more power a short time later.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
please
Look dude lol. There all over the place. There's like 2-3 in he 99-04 section.

TFS heads are $2200, ported TFS heads are $3000+ you can easily find a used centri kit pretty much complete cheaper then that

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
please
Check corral's classified. The easy and quickest way to do it, would be buy just the head-unit and get the bracket, oil feed/drain from superchargers online and do your own piping and intercooler. This is not the cheapest, but you would have a great quality kit that would support any of your power/boost needs

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
please
Call Kurgan Motorsports they have the best prices on supercharger kits, With Your stock heads and a few thousand dollars in a blower kit you will easily see over 500RWHP of course you will need to upgrade your fuel pump.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Like Eagle, I was going to ask how you planned on bumping your compression without replacing your pistons ... and that's BIG $$ considering you just put a new MMR750 in!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Like Eagle, I was going to ask how you planned on bumping your compression without replacing your pistons ... and that's BIG $$ considering you just put a new MMR750 in!
You can bump the compression up with TFS 38cc heads. They'll raise compression 1 point

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dropping from a 42cc (OEM) to 38cc combustion chamebr isn't going to raise the compression nearly enough to make big HP. I run the 38 TFS's with -16cc dish pistons but with boost. Far from a "High Compression" engine. For impressive N/A #s you need at least 11.5-12:1!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Thats not what I was saying lol. I agree with you. Im just saying the TFS 38cc heads bump the compression up a point. The 44cc lower compression alittle bit.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
picked up my used centri for 1500$ drove it around for a year but sadly needs a rebuild now which is only an extra 3 bills but i still got a great deal........just look all over, check for shaft play and funny noises when you turn the pulley. also make sure u get the correct bracket as 99-01 differ from the 02-04 units. that is ofcoarse if u wana get one lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
picked up my used centri for 1500$ drove it around for a year but sadly needs a rebuild now which is only an extra 3 bills but i still got a great deal........just look all over, check for shaft play and funny noises when you turn the pulley. also make sure u get the correct bracket as 99-01 differ from the 02-04 units. that is ofcoarse if u wana get one lol
96-99 have a different bracket then 00-04. Because 96-99 use a 3 bolt tensioner.

I just bought a 3 bolt timing cover, and picked up a 96-99 bracket for $50. They are the same exact thing, except the 96-99 bracket has a hole where the 00-04 doesnt. Theres literally no difference.

I shouldnt have even picked up the 96-99 bracket, should have just drilled a hole through my current one lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
96-99 have a different bracket then 00-04. Because 96-99 use a 3 bolt tensioner.

I just bought a 3 bolt timing cover, and picked up a 96-99 bracket for $50. They are the same exact thing, except the 96-99 bracket has a hole where the 00-04 doesnt. Theres literally no difference.

I shouldnt have even picked up the 96-99 bracket, should have just drilled a hole through my current one lol
Oops my bad i got the years messed up but trust me you did the right thing buying the matching bracket. Its hard to explain without pics but the differences in the 2 make a difference. Ive had both brackets.

You want that unit mounted properly regardless of the brackets being minimal in difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts