Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was looking at the forged kits they have and was wondering what size pistons do they come with? Being that it's late and tomorrow is Thanksgiving I won't be able to call them for a couple of days and was wondering if somebody who bought them knew what size they come with? I tried buying it and see if it asked what sizes I wanted and it didn't so...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
They should say stock bore size

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
You can get them stock bore, 20over, etc.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You can get them stock bore, .020 over, and .030 over. I don't think they'll let you go more than .030 over because the block would start getting pretty thin.

They all cost the same. You just tell them what you want, that's the beauty of MMR!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
you can also get any dish or dome of pistons too. mmr ftw!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, I see the last sentence now... do they valve notch them too?

·
Registered
499 Posts
yes they have notched pistons, they didnt charge any extra for a short block with notched piston dont know if its extra with rotating assembly only. But you can get any size piston and dish with it at no extra $

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
OP, pm me. I got some good info on prices at MMR if you wanna hear em.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
MMR seems to be top notch all around....Thats where all be gettin my short block at when the time comes

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I bought one of their rotating assemblies.

They did a good job of packing it too! They shipped it in a 03 cobra block. The handling charge was a little more than I thought lol.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I say for rotating assemblies CMS are good and nicely priced.
Short blocks I say MMR or ModMax.

Either way best bet is to call them and tell them what your plan is for your engine.

Also note this you want to have your final plan/idea complete. Basically what your going to do to your engine your settled with cause theres no refunds lol.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
withn the rotating assembly's its 145.00 too notch the pistons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts