Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything good/bad about this clutch. I was just browsing and since I'm going to be putting a new trans in my car soon I thought why not do a clutch.

I know MMR is a very reputable company thats why I thought it might be a good clutch. It's between that and a Fidanza 2.1 as of right now. I would like as close to stock feeling at the pedal as possible. I am not sure on my future goals as of now but the car will probably see the bottle sometime so a rating in the 400's is what I'm looking at. My car currently has ported heads/cam's/bolt ons. before the cam's I was slipping the stock clutch at the track which in turns makes me want to upgrade.

So throw out what the most resonable clutch for a daily driven bolt on gt that might see the bottle.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
well you definitely can't go wrong with the fidanza 2.1. it is a great clutch, i have it in my GT and absolutely love it. before she blew up i was running aroun 400 to the wheels and it didn't slip one bit. it is rated for 500ftlbs of torque. it has MUCH less pedal effort than stock and its smooth and engages/disengages much smoother than stock. way way way better than a stock clutch. as far as MMR goes, i stand behind their products even though i haven't used one of their clutches. they have great stuff thats for sure. it all comes down to a matter of preference i guess.

Reactions: SteviGX

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. My buddy just put a 2.1 in his bullit. I haven't felt it yet but I will be on thursday. So the 2.1 grabbed hard even with the 400...that make me feel better. How many miles do you have on yours? any changes in pedal feel or anything?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
centerforce DF is a really nice clutch too......

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yeah the pedal is a lot smoother now. i had about 6-8k on it before my engine blew and it still worked great. i never heard a noise from the TOB or Pilot bearings that came with it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts