Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built a Romeo 4.75 MMR ? I am currently building my engine and I have a grave concern about the thrust bearing. I have a few questions.

please let me know if you have knowledge on this.

thank you

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
I have not yet personally but would like to hear what your concerns are

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
Built one. MMR 4.75 in a TEKSID block. The shim goes between the last bearing and the cap. It is actually a Coyote/Boss crankshaft and the last journal is wider than original hence the shim.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
ahhh yes.. the shim.... that is true. the snout of the crank shaft protrudes an extra .100 ish out of the block. so if MMR supplied you with a crank gear, you will see that the back side of it has a relief machined into it. so your crank timing gear will sit in it's normal position.

if a crank gear is not with your setup. contact MMR for it or machine the resess on a large. if you don't your timing wheel will rub and or fly cut into your timing case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. the issue in question is the 2 shims for the thrust bearing. I understand the shims fit on each side of the thrust. My concern is the shims still move after in place. I am afraid they will rotate out and destroy my engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
do they rotate even when your bearing caps are fully torqued?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes. I spoke to MMR and they said to use a punch to set them. Issue is now since a used a set punch to take up the small difference so they would lock down, the thrust is now a tad wider and fitting to tight in the journal. Now I have to use a emery cloth to remove metal on this internal side of the thrust walls to reduce the difference the punch tabs made.

now I see why building your fist engine is not for a beginner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a fully built from mmr teksid 1000se, built for boost with piston notching, I have had it sitting since May, I bought it in may off a fella who had a eBay post trying to sell poor guy forgot to put a reserve so I won he auction at 2k. It costed me 2500 shipped to me he had it sitting in a climate controlled room for 2 years. The paper work shows he paid close to 9k usd for this set up as is, mmr knowing the engine is for a 2v did t even drill the water passage hole for a 2v head. I’m having the pistons and rods changed out on the block since I want higher compression and I’m now debating just taking everything out and selling the parts for what ever I can get and build fresh through my builder, every mustang builder in Canada where I am from hates mmr and won’t touch there engines due to nothing but trash engine builds. I am using the best engine builder in Canada and I’m scared what he is Going to say about the whole shim thing lol, don’t really want to buy a new assembly unless I can get my money’s back for what i spent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts