Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
13,573 Posts
I just bought it and get it in 5-6 weeks! ****IN A!
Modular Mustang Racing

Cant wait!
Thats the one I bought as well that is a stroker motor, You will really like it. I just recently installed mine, and Im going to the dyno Saturday.. It is a good product you wont regret it. What else are you changing up?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:)

Thats it right now. A new EGR valve. Please let me know what you make out with at the dyno, what are your mods? Did you already install yours? Did you notice any sound change? I dont get it for 5 or 6 weeks, I would imagine it will be like Christmas "OH WAIT IT WILL BE CHRISTMAS!" lol

IM STRooooooKin! OOooooooh Sssshit http://youtu.be/P7gMkiOPSeA
Thats the one I bought as well that is a stroker motor, You will really like it. I just recently installed mine, and Im going to the dyno Saturday.. It is a good product you wont regret it. What else are you changing up?

·
13,573 Posts
If your going forced induction you will need a good set of head gaskets, if not your still going to need a full gasket set. I went with a custom blower cam/ accufab 75MM TB plenum/ eddelbrock intake custom fuel rail setup/ 60lb injectors/ Cobra dual pumps BAP/Vortech V-1 supercharger/410 gears check out my garage!! Wll here is my first startup last week!!
I will be posting my Dyno video Sunday

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,527 Posts
Since you were looking for a crate motor I'm assuming you bought the long block. What compression ratio did you get?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)

Stock compression ratio since I may supercharge in the future.
Since you were looking for a crate motor I'm assuming you bought the long block. What compression ratio did you get?

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
4:10's and a blower!? Oh my you're going to have a handfull... Sounds badass though! OP good luck! Make a build thread when it gets here!:rockon

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are these gaskets not good enough? The motor is rated to 750hp

MMR Street Mod 750SE 4.75 Liter 2V Longblock (up to 750 RWHP) (fits all 96-2004 Mustang GT)

This entry level forged MMR longblock can handle up to 750HP. They include the MMR Street Mod 750 4.75 liter stroker shortblock with Forged Manley Pistons, 4340 Forged I-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, fully balanced and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block, and fully assembled with new Ford Motorsport PI heads, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, New factory Ford Motorsport Valves, springs, retainers, lifters, roller followers with factory PI cams professionally timed/degreed with new timing chains,guides, tensioners and a Ford Racing High Volume oil pump.

1 year warranty
* Also I just payed like $4800 bucks for this and then while looking around a tiny bit more online i keep getting re directed to places telling me they are on sale for $2700? Is that only the short block?
If your going forced induction you will need a good set of head gaskets, if not your still going to need a full gasket set. I went with a custom blower cam/ accufab 75MM TB plenum/ eddelbrock intake custom fuel rail setup/ 60lb injectors/ Cobra dual pumps BAP/Vortech V-1 supercharger/410 gears check out my garage!! Wll here is my first startup last week!!
New MMR 2V Stroker - YouTube

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean?

What do you mean have my hands full? in a good or bad way?
4:10's and a blower!? Oh my you're going to have a handfull... Sounds badass though! OP good luck! Make a build thread when it gets here!:rockon

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,527 Posts
Also I just payed like $4800 bucks for this and then while looking around a tiny bit more online i keep getting re directed to places telling me they are on sale for $2700? Is that only the short block?
If you go to the MMR website in your link and click on shortblocks you will find your motor's shortblock on sale for $2699.

Usually, supercharged high rwhp + 4.10 gears = traction problems. I remember a post a long time ago from someone that was running around 460-470 rwhp with 4.10s. He reported the car going sideways around corners and when he passed cars. You will need good throttle control and drag radials.

·
Registered
601 Posts
* Also I just payed like $4800 bucks for this and then while looking around a tiny bit more online i keep getting re directed to places telling me they are on sale for $2700? Is that only the short block?
Yes, $2700 would be the SHORTBLOCK only. What you paid sounds spot on. :D

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Congrats I have been beating on a MMR 900 for almost 6 years. A few lean conditions some overheating etc and still runs like a raped ape.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Centri + 4.10's = WIN!!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Here's me VS a C5 Zo6 with heads cams and intake making 453 and a 03 Cobra with a ported blower pullies mid pipe/catback exhaust making 480.

I was running a V1 S-trim at 11.5psi, full exhaust, hp 292 cams, stock heads and intake with a proffesional products TB/Plenum combo and 3:73's. I made 515 with this combo.

Camera in vette me in the middle cobra on my right.

Camera in cobra I'm on the left Vette on the right.

·
13,573 Posts
I was talking about SSG. 4:10's with a blower is way to much! 3:55's or 3:73's.:yes
Never I have an Automatic 4R70W feels just right!! I can even still cruise the interstate and be comfortable. NOW with that being said the 5.0 I just bought a few months ago has a 5 speed and 410 gears WAY TO MUCH i will be stepping those down to 355 gears very soon.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Here's me VS a C5 Zo6 with heads cams and intake making 453 and a 03 Cobra with a ported blower pullies mid pipe/catback exhaust making 480.

I was running a V1 S-trim at 11.5psi, full exhaust, hp 292 cams, stock heads and intake with a proffesional products TB/Plenum combo and 3:73's. I made 515 with this combo.

Camera in vette me in the middle cobra on my right.
515 Rwhp GT vs 453rwhp C5 Zo6 VS 480rwhp Cobra - YouTube

Camera in cobra I'm on the left Vette on the right.
Gt vs zo6 vs 03 cobra - YouTube
nice kills in those vids. its nice to see a new edge gt putting in work esp with a v 1 s trim on it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
New MMR 2V Stroker - YouTube
I want to see numbers!!! What blower cams did you go with? And do you have ported heads?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts