Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far im thinking about these mods listed below ,anyone have or know of any Pros or cons on these items?

-SLP X-Pipe Catted
-SLP Loudmouth II
-BBK Shorty Headers
-SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip (not sure )
-4:10's
NOT sure what intake yet but im looking at these ....
-Mach 1 Cold Air Intake Kit
-JLT Performance Ram Air Intake
-BBK Cold Air Intake (not crazy about the chrome finish since it will cause heat soak i think )
-K&N

also im looking to do full length subframe connectors.....should i ?

anyone have pics of theres done?

·
Registered
627 Posts
go with the jlt, and switch to long tubes

+1 I agree.

I have the SCT 4 Bank in mine. You can go to americanmuscle.com and they have plates where you can install the dial in different places. I bought the coin delete plate, and it sits where the coin thing was.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
+1 I agree.

I have the SCT 4 Bank in mine. You can go to americanmuscle.com and they have plates where you can install the dial in different places. I bought the coin delete plate, and it sits where the coin thing was.
i keep mine in the glove box.... seems too easy for that switch to get changed being in the coin holder like that

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
long tubes are going to be much better than shorty if you're planning on n/a power or supercharging.. go w/ the jlt.. but not the ram air.. most ram air intakes really don't help you until 70ish i think it is.. subframe connectors are a good mod, im planning on doing them after i get some things taken care of on my car

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would personally go with 3.73 gears in the rear at most. IF you plan on doing FI the 4.10 will be too much. SO that way you wont have to get them changed in the long run, but if you plan on long term being N/A than 4.10 should be good. I still have stock gears ( 3.27) in my car with a procharger and honestly this spring im doing some suspension mods and doing some rear end work with a set of mickey THompson tires since i cant catch any grip, just ride my clutch through the first gear.​

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I belive i get coin or cig delet kit free right now ..if not i was going to get the coin delet item anyway.
as for the long tubes who makes a set for the auto tranny ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
739 Posts
And SLP which would match up perfectly with your SLP x pipe. I have an 02 auto GT and have that set up but with the Borla Stingers and love it.

And BBK's are for 5spd only.

·
Registered
127 Posts
YOu should be able to install everything yourself with the exception of the headers. I was quoted 4-5 hours to do my bassani headers and x pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts