Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my plan:
I'm working on swapping a turbo 2v mod motor in fox. The shell has no wiring. I already have the engine harness, and ecu. Im going to buy the harness that goes from the ecu to engine harness. What other wiring harness do I need to be able to get the car running? It's going to be a trailered track car. I'll be using aftermarket gauges so no need to use the stock cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Are you just wanting to make it standalone? If so sound like you have it figured out. Engine and ecu, what trans areyou running?

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Your good then bud hook up power, ground, fuel, and ignition signal and call it a day

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
If the car was equpped with PATS you'll need to have a tuner turn of the PATS in the tune or it won't run without the instrument cluster hooked to it. Other than that you're golden.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Nice! I already have the tuner married to that ecu. So it'll be easy. It's for this project :
My 1982 modular Capri project

It's gonna take more than the handheld.... you'll be able to use the handheld with your dyno tune though. You should probably go ahead and pick your tuner, then send your handheld to him and have him write a program with PATS function turned off..... as well as many other functions such as EGR, returnless fuel blah blah blah shut off so you can at least have an initial run cycle to make sure it's all right.

By the way, I checked out your build post and it looks like a fun project.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Thanks guys, I already have a tuning guy. I just though it was going to be easier since the tuner is already married to the ecu.

It's still easy, just gotta have the tuner updated with the necessary changes.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
The tuner being married to the ECU helps, But adding to what Bulloch said the tuner will need to Size your injectors/MAF, and fuel system just to get the car to start up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tuner being married to the ECU helps, But adding to what Bulloch said the tuner will need to Size your injectors/MAF, and fuel system just to get the car to start up.
I understand. I'm just making sure what I need as far as wiring so I can get it ready before I take it to the tuner.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Do you have the transmission wiring harness?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
I missed that I went back a read and said to myself he doesnt need one for that tranny since youll be full manual.

It looks like you dont need anything else othere then to finish things up. I contenplated a 2V motor in my FOX earlier this year, but still not sure on what im doing with it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts