Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
#fordallday
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone =D ! My name is Matt, I live in Westchester NY in the 914 area!

I've loved mustangs my whole life ever since I was 8 or 9 years old! I got my license roughly 6-8 months ago (I'm 20 years old, yes late license I know). My parents gave me their '00 caravan, which you can still find me driving daily.

In the last 6 months I acquired my first two Mustangs. My first car was a 93' civic 4 door, that I painted & traded for my 2000 Mustang 6 cyl. The mustang was in terrible shape, and I did my first full car paint job on it. I taped out my garage, bought air compressor, spray gun & paint. It came out "Decent" but no where near perfection. I finally got the car registered, and my first day coming home from work, I was racing a Nissan maxima & I blew my auto tranny.

Fast forward 2 months later, I finally gotta new tranny in the car, Upgraded fuel pump, injectors, MAF meter & TB, exhaust, intake, etc. Ran a best ET of 15.33 down @ English Town racetrack.

A month ago the rain up here in NY was really bad. I was driving on 9A highway coming home, and due to the lack of tread on my rear tires in my caravan, I went spinning after running through a puddle & ****ed up my van badly. So later on that day I hopped in the 2000 mustang & coming home from work, there was somebody stopped on 9A in my right lane, no lights nothing, wet roads & it's pitch black out. By the time I seen him 20 feet in front of me, I smashed on the brakes & slid into him -__-

the 2000 mustang is now currently awaiting to get a new Radiator support welded onto it, as well as Cobra front bumper, new hood, lights & fenders. A Month ago I had bought a 2002 eclipse gt 5 speed for $800, and I ended up trading that last week for a 87' Mustang. 347 stroker, fully built motor.

That's basically where I stand on mustangs at the moment. The 2000 I have, has sentimental value to me, so It's def going to get swapped very soon! The 87' is currently having some distributor problems, that will also get fixed really soon!

There is a very very wide choice of forums as far as mustangs go. Many members have membership to all the forums, I like to stick with one main forum. I chose this one simply because of LGHTNG02GT's 4v swap writeup because that will most likely be the next swap into my '00 Stang.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:welcome

I'm 20 as well and I've been obsessed with mustangs since I was 12. Finally got my dream car 5 months ago. :)

That 87 sounds like it has some potential. Personally, I would just focus on building up one of the mustangs but hey, it's your call.

Good luck with your builds! :)

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
Welcome, hot rods are an addiction! Need for speed kinda thing! Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Welcome to the site. A lot of good information can be found here. Remember, there is a search function at the top of the page. It will help you from getting flamed for posting threads that have been answered many times. lol. Also, theres more to swapping a v8 into a v6 than just the engine which LGHTNG02GT did. He already had a v8. Do some research and you will learn there is a lot more to it.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
What a crazy amount of events! I feel bad for you :lol

Out of pure curiosity, why'd you just get your license?

Anyways, welcome to MM and any pics of any of the vehicles? :pics

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Damn you've been through some stuff lol welcome to the forums!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Welcome

03cristian

·
#fordallday
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I aprreciate it!

I know the 4v lincoln swap is alot harder for me being I have a 6 cyl. It's also harder becuase I have to do a manual swap aswell, so I have to bolt in the 3rd pedal, run lines & all that. I do have to buy a gt k member, harness, cluster, ECU & transmission, etc. I already know most of what's involved. Yet seeing how the GT motor runs for $1500, and to get a Fuel Injected 5.0 to run in my car requires every harness from a 94-95 gt, to me, doing the math, the lincoln still seems to be the cheapest v8 swap I can pull. NO I WILL NOT GO CARB'ED on a '00!!!!!!

I got my license in the last 6-8 months because.... well I didnt get a car till that long ago, and I always figured, Ima spend $100 on a license, and I don't need it, so I decided to wait until I gotta car.

So I do have pictures just as requested! Everybody be warned I am a picture whore. Here we go!

First is a before & after if my first car, 1993 civic 4 door, That I ended up trading for 2000 mustang.

Now the 00' when I got it, next to my buddies subie.

So after that I set a ghetto spray booth in my garage, and set to work!!

After that, reassembly, and it was ready for the street!

Then after I blew tranny! Matching truck FTW!!!!!!

& it was back on the road! For two days till somebody stole my front bumper while I was parked SHAKING MY F#$#ING HEAD!!!!! I still don't know how they ripped it all off.....

So I replaced the bumper.... and then accident happened.....

& finally as it sits...

.... Thats where the 00' is at the moment. Next weeknd i'll be picking exterior parts up!!

As for the 87'..... I am not a fan of the paintjob that has been done to it... it will be the first thing that gets changed!!

·
( o )( o )
276 Posts
Whalecum! Maybe Ill bump into ya at E-Town next year. Enjoy your stay!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Someone ripped off your front bumper? dang, that's petty. You've had bad luck, bud.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The 87 5.0 Looks awesome! Gotta change that paint though. Welcome to the forums, I am liking it alot so far. Good luck with your future plans!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get rid of that god damn angry bird. Other than that, you got quite a story but your passion for mustangs is pretty damn strong. Hopefully you get something you love. If you're looking for a 99 Cobra hit me up!

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
All I can say is.... ~ FTW to all new members ~. No worries, I am on the same bandwagon as you right now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts