Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in preparation for the high end wax test ill be doing, i am 2 step polishing my decklid. So i thought id give Carpro fixer a try...

Im using Carpro Fixer on a Green BnS Pad.
Followed by Menzerna SF4500(PO85RD) on a blue BnS Pad.

Unfortunately for this test, the defects on my mach 1's paint arent bad at all, there are very few on my decklid and they are very mild so we wont be able to see exactly how much cut fixer has. However, i was able to see how fixer finished on black paint and was also able to see if a final polish like Menzerna Sf4500 could take it from Fixer to perfect. Which it did.

I have to apologize, this video isnt the best ive done, In the video you are going to see some dust on the panel, i was having a hard time keeping it clean lol. Bare paint panels tend to attract dust. Another thing is in the video you'll see a decent amount of little pecks in the paint, as most of you know, this is not correctable. You can see it really easily in the video but in person its barely noticeable.

Initial impressions: Carpro fixer finishes similar to V36 on the same pad, but it was easier to finish with SF4500 after fixer and a little harder after v36. But i would call them comparable. Ill mess around with them more later.

The reflection shots will tell the true tale of the finish i got. Not ONE buffing mark left on the paint. When i fully correct the mach 1, i will shoot video on a panel with less orange peel.

Here are some reflection shots, some of the best ive gotten. All of these shots are original unedited and were taken on my Galaxy S2. The clarity and depth i got with Fixer/4500 is AWESOME.

This first one is my favorite, like a mirror!

Untitled by ModdedMach, on Flickr

Thanks for reading guys! Wax comparison coming tomorrow!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts