Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So most of you know Chemical Guys used my review of their Hybrid polishes on their Youtube channel and website. They also sent me a "Gift" as a thank you for being a loyal customer and making an honest review. They also asked me to take pics of the product when it came in and do post a review if i could. All i was told is that it was a wax and thats about it.

First of all id like to thank Greg Masterson(Handz) from CG for the gift, CG is already one of my main brands that i love and i will use them for life.

So without further a due....The box i found on my front door today from Chemical guys....

Untitled by ModdedMach, on Flickr

Then i opened it, i thought it was gonna be BLACK wax, but nope....something that comes in a silky bag (at this point i thought i knew what it was, but my thought was too good to be true)

YES THATS RIGHT. Celeste Dettaglio V2!

I was so stoked when i saw this pot come out! This wax feels and smells very differently from any other wax ive used, its very hard but when you rub your finger on it for a few seconds it melts down like a nuba should. Its definitely gonna go on very thin. I think the hardness is due to the high nuba content. It smells like perfume/baby powder and the pot is plastic but a very thick hard sturdy plastic, very quality container.

Ill be posting an in depth write up of when i correct my mach 1 next, the mach is going back to carnauba and i cant imagine a better way to go than with Celeste Dettaglio!!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
OMG OMG OMG

THAT'S FREAKING AMAZING. I'D KILL A SMALL ANIMAL FOR THAT WAX.

ALMOST AS GOOD AS BOOBS.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love your enthusiasm Ro6 lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that was nice of them
To be honest with you i really wanna see how it stacks up to Glasur, i mean Glasur is a hell of a wax man.

Guess i have another comparison, Glasur vs Celeste, thatll be interesting

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Thats awesome though. Ya oughta send me an ounce to try :yes
haha, oh sure. not.

Its so funny cause sonic was trying to sell me on getting it from DI cause it was 50 dollars off, which was like 118 bucks lol...Can you imagine how pissed i would have been today haha.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
haha, oh sure. not.

Its so funny cause sonic was trying to sell me on getting it from DI cause it was 50 dollars off, which was like 118 bucks lol...Can you imagine how pissed i would have been today haha.

Selfish mach drivers :lol
Yeah I imagine ill be hopping on that deal now lol. I kinda want to wait for you to review it though.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Selfish mach drivers :lol
Yeah I imagine ill be hopping on that deal now lol. I kinda want to wait for you to review it though.
Itll be what goes on my mach 1 next, so wait if u can and youll see a very thorough review. Im also going to apply it by hand.

Sent from the cell

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome, chemical guys is incredible for doing that
Im excited to try it, just to see first hand how a luxury wax does, its supposed to look incredible, we shall see

Sent from the cell

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Awesome! I had no idea that YouTube video was you haha. That's a beautiful case. :drool

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
That's awesome! Chemical Guys ftw!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enjoy the 'Nuba!!!
Dude you are the man, this stuff is so different from regular priced waxes, its REALLY hard, but once you get a little bit on your fingers and rub it together it melts into an oily goodness, very quality stuff.

The mach 1 is gettin pampered!!

Handz, im gonna PM you with some questions and such.

CG FTW! Hell just a few more waxes and ill have most of the CG nubas lol.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I was on my phone typing something and a girl called me :naughty: I don't think I finished it :lol
haha, i was like really? how can everyone not be stoked about this haha.

I acted like a little girl when i reached in the bag and felt a shorter wider pot than the normal CG pot.

Merry Christmas to modded, lol.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
haha, i was like really? how can everyone not be stoked about this haha.

I acted like a little girl when i reached in the bag and felt a shorter wider pot than the normal CG pot.

Merry Christmas to modded, lol.
Yeah, that's expensive wax... at least by my standards. I'm laughing, though, when I read this..

I think my best friend Alyson must've been the one that called while I was typing it or something. She was outside my house in the rain and I didn't even know :lol

I clicked the internet down, but maybe I subconsciously clicked post... :facepalm:

Merry Christmas indeed.

Edited my first post to make you feel better :D

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think its an expensive wax by anyone's standards, lol. CG only makes 3 waxes beyond that in price, one is 274, one is like 800, and one is like 1200.

Marc Elsworth, from heavenly Detail (UK) is kind of a detailing idol of mine, He was who the wax was developed for so its cool to have a pot of really high end wax that ive seen used in alot of his vids. Ive seen a vid where Marc had 2 pots of Swissvax Crystal Rock in his fridge (1500 a piece buddy) So he obviously has used the best of the best waxes and he helped develop this one.

Im excited to try it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts