Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the mustang performance handbook by William R. Mathis and I noticed a modified truck intake that was made for the mustang. Does anybody have any info on these intakes? It appears Trick Flow made them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i've heard there are similarities in the truck lower and the holley systemaxx. same bolt pattern or something on the upper and lower?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm interesting. I am trying to figure out if it can be built as the upper looks pretty sweet with a dual 50mm throttle body.

·
Registered
382 Posts
if it will fit under the hood, the throttle cable will be a fabrication item. I don't see it being worth the headache.........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not too worried about fabrication. I have more than enough time for that. As far as fitting under the hood it appears that the intake has been milled down enough to fit. Does anybody have more info about this intake?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was looking through the mustang performance handbook by William R. Mathis and I noticed a modified truck intake that was made for the mustang. Does anybody have any info on these intakes? It appears Trick Flow made them.
Is this the one you were talking about? Back in the early days of the Mustang performance revolution EFI intakes weren't that plentiful--so people got creative. The truck engines intake had way bigger runners than that of the HO, so people adapted them to their Mustangs.

If you want to see something exotic, check out the second attachment---this intake was actually manufactured by Will Burt (Trick Flow-before Summit bought the name).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts