Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppurtunity to get a set of these 200 shipped. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on these. Theyll be going in a motor pushing 550rwhp but idk what they're rated to so im not sure if they'll be good.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
They will hold 550 and more. They are a really nice entry level rod plus they are real light. Typicaly they are preferred for built na cars but I know alot of people who run those rods with a good set of pistons that have proper gap over 700 hp

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
they are pretty stout rods and come with arp2000 fasteners as well :) i put them in my mod900 engines.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool,thanks guys. Sound like these will be a good rod for my build. Still need to decide if I wanna buy the rest of my rotating assembly separate or get the rest from mmr in one go. Mark said 1118 for pistons, rods, rings and rod hardware. Think I could piece together the rest for cheaper than what mmr wants?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'm using modmax h beams for my blower build. should be just fine.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of now, I'm sold, just waiting to see what the initial deposit will be if I go layaway on MMR parts.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
rod hardware? that is pretty good price depending on what kind of pistons, bearings, rings, and whatever they are calling rod hardware they are selling you. my pricing is just a little more, but i favor different parts as well.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rod hardware? that is pretty good price depending on what kind of pistons, bearings, rings, and whatever they are calling rod hardware they are selling you. my pricing is just a little more, but i favor different parts as well.
The rod hardware are the arp2000 bolts, mmr charges extra for them. If I went with mmr, the parts I'd be buying are manley pistons and rod w/ arp2000 bolts and total seal rings.

You said the modmax ones come with the arp2000 hardware? It says on their website that the i-beams come with the arp8740 hardware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts