Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im searching and searching every bit I can around here but Im getting confused on whats good for my car. I just ordered my mac hpipe,so hopefully Il feel a nice gain after thats installed. 4.10s/sct tuner are next on the list as soon as I find someone to install them. Which bolt ons shows gains and which ones are just a waste of money? Would a plenum/throttle body combo help out?

·
_
3,787 Posts
The H-pipe was a good idea due to the fact that the stock crossover pipe has 6 (very restriciting) cats on it. I would follow up that h-pipe with better intake being anything from your airbox to your intake manifold.

I personally just replaced it all being the RAI, tb, plenum followed up with a port and polish.

Those 4:10's will also be a very noticed gain. And of course that tuner will unlock a world of posobilities with your car.

Other impressive gains will derive from the rear end and how solid it might or might not be. Sub frame connectors will strangthen the frame on a tough launch. Lots of folks (including me) find them to be a gr8 investment. Just be sure to have them coated if they dont come that way.

What exactly do you own?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Im searching and searching every bit I can around here but Im getting confused on whats good for my car. I just ordered my mac hpipe,so hopefully Il feel a nice gain after thats installed. 4.10s/sct tuner are next on the list as soon as I find someone to install them. Which bolt ons shows gains and which ones are just a waste of money? Would a plenum/throttle body combo help out?
First basic mods that will yield best results IMO are gears, tuner, midpipe, tb/plenum, tires, suspension. If it's an auto gears you can add shift kit and a converter to the mix.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
The driver :yes

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
First basic mods that will yield best results IMO are gears, tuner, midpipe, tb/plenum, tires, suspension. If it's an auto gears you can add shift kit and a converter to the mix.
^ this.

Skip the cai and just get a drop-in filter imo. You'll see almost the same gains for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Gears, mid-pipe, plenum & tuner. Then catback (or weld-in mufflers), TB and free-flowing CAI. Follow that with LCA's, subframe connectors and DR's.
If you're an auto, add a stall converter. Then look at heads, cams, LT's, F/I, etc..

OR.....just do an LS swap and skip all that bolt-on stuff.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
The H-pipe was a good idea due to the fact that the stock crossover pipe has 6 (very restriciting) cats on it.
What exactly do you own?
Errr.....I've only ever seen 4 cats and they're actually fairly good flowing from what I've seen and read.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gears, mid-pipe, plenum & tuner. Then catback (or weld-in mufflers), TB and free-flowing CAI. Follow that with LCA's, subframe connectors and DR's.
If you're an auto, add a stall converter. Then look at heads, cams, LT's, F/I, etc..

This is the path im looking at. I have weld-in mufflers now,so when I get my hpipe(if MAC ever ships the damn thing) Il have my exhaust done. Next thing will be 4.10s/tuner, plenum/TB/Cai,then suspension and wheels.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts

+1 Best bangs for the buck + maybe a lil wieght reduction.

and :nuts for the LS comment... That deserved neg rep but Im a fair guy :p

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
[reguarding FLSFC's] worst first mod ever
you are :crazy

There are certainly some other mods that are beneficial, but a solid foundation in which to apply further mods is a wonderful place to start. Now, the Fox Body will benefit much more from this mod and the S197 will see pretty much no benefits at all, but the SN95 platform is helped in several ways via FLSFC's

The start is long-term support of frame for which the doors will be helped to maintain alignment for opening/closing. Run the car hard in any event or just drive it for many years and the benefits will be seen.

Jazzer :)

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
MATT02GT;3648894and :nuts for the LS comment... That deserved neg rep but Im a fair guy :P[/QUOTE said:
LOL. Just a joke...I won't even drive a GM rental car. It is a little disappointing that we need to bolt on a bunch of aftermarket parts just to keep up with a stock LS. Then again, I've messed w/Fords and fought that battle for 30 years. Having to work at it and not getting any respect is what makes it fulfilling when you actually smoke a GM.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts