Modded Mustang Forums banner

321 - 340 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I never had a problem with zex. I just did the math and figured out what jets I needed to make the rating at the wheels like the other companies do.
Zex's shots are fine, you just can't go by their chart because they rate at the flywheel when calculating power.
That's fine as long as you don't want to get into big shots of nitrous. The selinoids are just not big enough. For the money I spent on a zex kit I could have spent a little more and gone with a NX kit.

·
just an average noob.
39 Posts
I regret installing my new headers, only because I accidentally had the A/C line on a primary tube and it melted through. Silver lining, i lost 30 lbs with the a/c delete

·
Registered
85 Posts
As a noobie to this site, this thread has been very enlightening. Lots of great do's and don'ts and different opinions why.

Not new to Mustangs, but recently picked up a very clean 2001 GT 5pseed that was un-modded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My biggest regret was letting my daughter drive the car, overheat it and seize the 2v engine.

But, I wound up with a nice DOHC 4v as a replacement so...

I REGRET NOTHING!

·
_
3,782 Posts
I recently removed my UPR Pro Series double adjustable UCA's as well. They were getting loose...... and were stupid loud when that happened. Even before that happened they were just so clunky. Put the stockers back in.

Besides that, Everything I have that's MMR was a HUGE mistake. Every single thing I bought from them (pickup tube, pickup tube spacer, oil pan, RSD) had something wrong with it. Will NEVER buy from them again, even they offered me a free shortblock.

QA1 K-frame, that was a nightmare..... lets just say I returned it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I regret not getting a Cobra from the beginning....I like my GT, but a bolt on 2V is quite the buzz-killer...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Cheap halo projector headlights. Swapped them out fast.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #328 (Edited)
I recently removed my UPR Pro Series double adjustable UCA's as well. They were getting loose...... and were stupid loud .
Yes, seem to transmit every noise into the cab of the car. I put in spherical bushing in the differential as well. If you don't drag race a lot then you don't need metal on metal bushings in your control arms. My opinion is to keep the stock UCAs and get poly LCAs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 4V didn't come with coils so ended up getting the weaponX coils instead of stockers. They've had nothing but issues.

·
Old School Racer
436 Posts
Now that I think of... I regret buying this car in the first place...

It has been a somewhat fun car, a nice daily driver, but I kinda expected more of it.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I recently removed my UPR Pro Series double adjustable UCA's as well. They were getting loose...... and were stupid loud when that happened. Even before that happened they were just so clunky. Put the stockers back in.

Besides that, Everything I have that's MMR was a HUGE mistake. Every single thing I bought from them (pickup tube, pickup tube spacer, oil pan, RSD) had something wrong with it. Will NEVER buy from them again, even they offered me a free shortblock.

QA1 K-frame, that was a nightmare..... lets just say I returned it.
Hit the nail on the head with all three.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I hate that I bought Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty LCAs only to break them the first time out at the dragstrip, only to have to replace them with the Extreme Duty version I have now.
Did you tear the bushings up or actually break the arm? What power level? I've ran the HDs for 7 years and they held up fine up to 411rwhp. I just bought another set for my Mach which will be around 440rwhp through an auto.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm not sure I regret any of mine, just wish I would have done more research before spending crazy money on things that don't do much; but I would have ended up doing them anyway. I never expected my GT to be a rocket, but up until my ProCharger, all my mods were kind of disappointing. I've spent a pretty penny on my car to get it to where it's at, but I have a feeling that I would have done that with any car I bought. Before my GT, I had a 98 S-10 Extreme single cab. I would have v8 swapped that by now, so it's not like I would have saved any money in the long run.

·
Registered
982 Posts
^be careful what you wish for, bolt ons are reasonably cheap and once you boost you just want MORE!!! Then comes the spendy parts all at once to get what you want and what you have to hold up.

Then you want MORE ON TOP OF THAT!!!

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
^be careful what you wish for, bolt ons are reasonably cheap and once you boost you just want MORE!!! Then comes the spendy parts all at once to get what you want and what you have to hold up.

Pretty much.

I went "Well this bolt on GT is fun but it would be a lot more fun if I did the M112 swap and got it up to 400hp.

Then I ended up building it with a ported blower to 500hp territory and thinking "well why not just throw a turbo on?"

I had an HX50 turbo all ready to go and then I got a deal on twins

Now the engine is crazy built and going to get force fed from twin 66s AND the M112 and I'm gunning for 4-digit power.

All that from a little 200 something hp bolt on.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before it's got a filled block, copper HG, twin 88s, giant A2W intercooler in the cab, built TH400 with a cage gunning for 2000.

·
Old School Racer
436 Posts

Pretty much.

I went "Well this bolt on GT is fun but it would be a lot more fun if I did the M112 swap and got it up to 400hp.

Then I ended up building it with a ported blower to 500hp territory and thinking "well why not just throw a turbo on?"

I had an HX50 turbo all ready to go and then I got a deal on twins

Now the engine is crazy built and going to get force fed from twin 66s AND the M112 and I'm gunning for 4-digit power.

All that from a little 200 something hp bolt on.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before it's got a filled block, copper HG, twin 88s, giant A2W intercooler in the cab, built TH400 with a cage gunning for 2000.

I really don't think I'd spend that kind of money, I might do cams and nitrous but that's it....

321 - 340 of 373 Posts