Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Oh yeah, underdrive pullies too... also on the car when I bought it. The stock crank pulley is bolted to the front of the aftermarket one, it looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
634 Posts
so far I regret my SLP line lock kit. It has a mind of it's own and has stranded my twice by locking up the front brakes even when not activated!!! One time cost me a tow. SLP is still dicking around with trying to figure out why it's done that (they have my solenoid and are dicking around before they tell me what they'll do about it). Another regret is the Spec 3 clutch. Holds great but the pedal pressure is way stiffer than a modern clutch oughta be. Still thinking about replacing it, but the damn thing is bullitt proof and just won't crap out!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
my pypes o/r x is the worst thing i ever bought. it leaked like a bitch. i was always fighting exhaust leaks. didnt even line up right with the catback. the fitment was horrible. but if it didnt leak i did love the sound of it compared to my upr o/r x. it sounds different for some reason

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Touching the car at all really

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've learned from past mistakes on mustangs and other cars. I will not put in headers into my new mustang. I cannot see spending 1000.00 and getting little to no hp increase. I'd rather get big brakes. I regret getting my bullitt wheels since they do not work with big brakes. My tuner wants to buy my wheels and tires, so at least i'll be able to get some of my money back. I'm saving for 19 x 9.5 RTRs and BFG KDWs along with the GT 500 brake upgrade. Then, except for aluminum driveshaft and interior mods, i'm done.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
1.) Buying this stupid car, especially in it's state of half assed assembly from the PO. Although unlike Stal I'd prefer a diesel Ram.
2.) Agree with Sharkbait, should have just let it be, maybe some headers, not a whole new drivetrain/fuel system.
3.) Should have just bought the Cobra engine/transmission as an assembly. Then I wouldn't have had this wonderful balancer experience. Probably wouldn't have gotten as many nice extra touches, but a hell of a lot easier.

On that note...off to the garage to put the balancer on and swap motors.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
My only regret is starting with a convertible.
I love the 'vert, and do take the top down from time to time, but I'm with you on that. It's just not structurally sound.

My biggest regrets: UDP's, not getting a foxbody.

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
Worst mod would have to be buying udp that are still brand new in the box, and the Cai.
And probly buying the diablo tuner instead of the sct.

·
Registered
837 Posts
How much you want for them lol?
They are Steeda UDP's for the 96- to early 01 years, not sure what year your car is. But I would do 125 plus the shipping on them, They have about 1000 miles on them from a local guy who had them on his car.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't regret anything as of yet. I do agree on the Diesel except I want a new GMC Denali 2500 Diesel Quad cab.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hmmm...nothing I really regret that much. I love my car! I bought all the basic bolt ons, and am now having a high compression N/A motor built. Worked out pretty good!

Only mod I really dont like to much is my blacked out headlight covers...I can hardly see at night. Wish I had gone with smoked headlights or some night shade.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Mod: K&N CAI (do regret, didn't to squat)

I don't really regret purchasing the car itself as it's been a blast.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Steeda UDP"s are awesome! Put them on. They are not like the crappy one's that bolt to the stock balancer.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
this thread is somewhat depressing.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Only mod I really dont like to much is my blacked out headlight covers...I can hardly see at night. Wish I had gone with smoked headlights or some night shade.
A friend's son did that to his pickup. My friend borrowed it one night and everytime he turned on the high beams the lights went out. We stopped to check it out and discovered that the only effective lights were the fog lights which, of course, turn off when the high beams came on.

Don't consider the thread depressing. Consider it instructional. It might keep someone from wasting a lot of money.

21 - 40 of 376 Posts