Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am on my third mustang and I wish that I would have started with a convertible. I always thought they were heavy and slow, but I did not realize they were only 150lbs heavier. The convertible is more fun to drive around in my opinion. I also fit a lot better in the convertible with the top down.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Im not one to buy one but a plenum spacer can't believe a company markets that part. Also the dormant intake manifold, why would a company market a part that is such low quality and can't follow factory specs so it hinders performance.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My biggest regret with my car is buying an automatic. At the time I thought it was what I wanted, but it's not...at all. Granted, I've had my car for 5 years now and plan on swapping the trans as soon as I'm back from this deployment. The 2v thing sucks, but that's my fault. Had I researched at all what-so-ever, I could have bought a Mach or a 99/01 Cobra for what I paid for my GT.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Only regret was buying a MAC catback exhaust system----garbage! They even welded crudely bent concrete rebar for the hanger brackets. I called the factory and wasn't able to communicate with the guy-----language barrier. I did understand the "we no care" part. In case anyone doesn't know, they have new owners. Luckily, the place I bought it from took it back.

I wound up using the stock exhaust pipes with Magnaflow mufflers----it's the perfect combination.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I am on my third mustang and I wish that I would have started with a convertible. I always thought they were heavy and slow, but I did not realize they were only 150lbs heavier. The convertible is more fun to drive around in my opinion. I also fit a lot better in the convertible with the top down.
Don't get me wrong, I like having a 'vert, it's just that for what I've done to the car a hardtop would've been a much better starting point. Plus, my top is pretty haggard, misaligned, and at this point I might as well just pull the whole assembly out as I never put it up.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
so far I regret my SLP line lock kit. It has a mind of it's own and has stranded my twice by locking up the front brakes even when not activated!!! One time cost me a tow. SLP is still dicking around with trying to figure out why it's done that (they have my solenoid and are dicking around before they tell me what they'll do about it
Mine did the same thing. It does it because of the heat...
I moved mine up and has never done it again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are Steeda UDP's for the 96- to early 01 years, not sure what year your car is. But I would do 125 plus the shipping on them, They have about 1000 miles on them from a local guy who had them on his car.
Dam mines an 03

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Worst thing i ever did was modify and race my DD...
Why? I love the ProCharger on my DD. The 3.73 gears aren't bad either. Which mods do you want to undo?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Jlt ram air intake Hits EVERYTHING had to shave it down to fit it around my strut bar and so it didn't hit my oil fill and brake it off again I got so fed up I took my stock intake tube drilled a hole in it for my fogger and left the cone filter on it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
849 Posts
Worst thing i ever did was modify and race my DD...

I learned that lesson in high school with my Saturn. 3 transmission and 1 clutch in 3 months at the drag strip.

I now have a '93 K1500 with a 4.3 and a 4L60E - keep fluids in it, don't tow anything (I own nothing to tow), and it'll keep on running almost forever. Currently has 222,320 miles on it and not a sign of stopping at all.

I'm now putting money aside for a 5.0 Coyote swap that I'll do when I'm in the service. The auto hobby shops are pretty dang nice. Just researching what kind of transmission I want to put in the mustang with the swap when I do it in about 5 years.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Touching the car at all really

this...FTW, or...FTL ??

i enjoyed my car ALOT more when it was closer to stock. never had any worries going anywhere with it, didnt have to worry when it rained. looking back on it, i should have just bought a little blower, had it tuned for like 380hp and drove it like that. wasted alot of time and money on dumb little bolt-ons that did squat for power.

starting over, it would still be a black 2v GT with a procharger, lowered on silver saleens. within the next 2 years, i will have it painted back to black again with those silver saleens. but...i will be keeping the 4v and the nitorus :cool:

although, i have thought about parting the car out and getting myself another lower mile GT to start over with again knowing what i know now. it would almost be like going back in time...almost...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ive kicked myself in the all 3 times I've been pulled over for tinted tail lights. They say they are too dark. Now I gotta wet sand em down some and clear coat them,or buy new ones. And the 4 inch cowl hood on my car ,it was on it when I bought it but ide rather swap it out for a different one(hint,hint). It had a purpose cuz the car had a logan sheetmetal intake but I took that thing off too because it actually hurt the car with stock heads and cams.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why? I love the ProCharger on my DD. The 3.73 gears aren't bad either. Which mods do you want to undo?
Everything except the drop... I realized I will never be happy with the performance of the car until its an all out race car...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I have dumped a lot of money into it and haven't been happy yet. Not my turbo hadls a leak. It's just one thing after another. I with I had a mach one or something to put exhaust and wheels on so I had a fun dd then the 2v to mess up

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
My biggest regret regarding parts would have to be every part I bought for my 3.8 motor. Lol.

41 - 60 of 376 Posts