Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have dumped a lot of money into it and haven't been happy yet. Not my turbo hadls a leak. It's just one thing after another. I with I had a mach one or something to put exhaust and wheels on so I had a fun dd then the 2v to mess up
lol, are we supposed to read this with a lisp?

and i agree with whoever posted about the blackout covers on the headlights lol. I could see more with the fog lights at night, smh.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd have to say the off road x pipe I recently put in has been a
My worst mod so far. Sounds like pure ass with the cheap exhaust that came on it when I bought it so now I either have to put the stock one back on or change the cat back cause I can't seem to move this stupid x pipe for the life of me: I can't pass emissions cause the light just comes on over and over I have to ride with the tuner in my back seat and if smells like gas everytime I stop at a light. Only positive thing was the power gain up top that was actually felt quite a lot. Mods I loved flsfc, mgw shifter, 3.73 gears and LCA. So I'm at 4-1 for ones I like to ones I hate but now my car really sounds bad it was better before the x pipe.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I regret nothing... and I have every thing made for the car. I guess I understand and accept that there is very little power gain, but they do work together. I also don't DD my car so that makes a difference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Everything i put on my car trying to drag race it.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Everything i put on my car trying to drag race it.
Looking at the picture in your signature, my guess it is that your regrets would be close to none for that reason. But, you may have bought the wrong suspension parts or the wrong tires and had to replace them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Gonna jump on this one. Overall I'm happy with all of my mods except two. My Steeda solid steering rack bushings had to be pounded in with a Big F'ing Hammer. They work great now they're installed, but it took forever getting them in. Also, my Steeda adjustable rear sway bar was a pain to install, didn't stay in place, and didn't work at all. On the positive side, I just installed a Maximum Motorsports PHB. Excellent craftsmanship, excellent instructions, fits perfectly, and works great.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Going with a BBK X pipe originally. Thing sounded like a tin can with rocks in it. Also, going with a Dorman intake before installing the true Ford Racing one. Dorman was a pos.
I thought you were about to say stingers. :shiftyeyes
Lol I love em still. Hahaha

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I wish I could just buy a 2013 GT500 and be happy. Just exhaust, and not have to worry about dumb problems. I love my car, but its getting older now. 2003, 103k miles, and I can tell its going to start having those little annoying problems. Debating on what I want to do with it, either build it, or sell it and buy something different.

Worst mod, BBK X pipe. Holy **** that thing sucks so bad its not even funny. I regret signing the paper to finance this car without talking them down on price. Interest raped me.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I thought you were about to say stingers. :shiftyeyes
Lol I love em still. Hahaha
Lol! Good to hear it! I liked them; however, I guess I am more of a chambered man myself.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Overall I'm pretty happy with everything ive done too my car. I'm mad i didn't wait one year for me to get out of college and spend the money i spent on my gt and took a loan out on a powerstroke or a old fox body to turbo. But having a car like this was fun as hell in highschool. Still being 18 years old and reading all this helps me a lot by what i wanna do and everything. Only thing i regret was putting red led dome lights in bcs i broke the dome light and costed me 75 bucks :(

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
What size cowl hood? I like mine. And what about the drag springs do you not like? Do you intend to replace them?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I regret spending all the money getting parts chromed to make it look nice, now I have to spend time cleaning it all the time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
All things aside, I love my gt and don't regret the purchase one bit. Sure I'd love a cobra or a new 5.0, but a clean, low mileage 99-04 is getting harder to come by.
Dude I hear ya on that... I could have gotten a couple differen't 99 or 01' cobra's and even a bullit that were all anywhere from the same price to a few grand less than my GT...

But my GT has only 50k miles on it and it's retardedly clean!! Plus I love the new edge bodystyle anyways so I was just really happy to find one with the perfect color combo in premium trim... and though I wasn't a vert person at first... it's kinda won me over since I've had it. It's nice in FL. :cool:

SOrry for takin the thread off topic a little... lol

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
1. I bought off road x pipe in my old 00 mustang gt and then ended up moving to northern Va... The shop did some custom work and made a couple welds so that that thing wasn't coming off.

I was in a bind, I couldn't pass emissions and sold the car for less than the cash for clunkers deal (which came out a few months later).

2. I paid a shop to custom paint the interior from that ugly grey to black and silver. Anyways, it looked like crap and after a year the paint started cracking and then flaking off. The shop that did the work had closed down.

3. A friend of my Dad owned a shop and gave me a killer deal on a paint job. It looked great the first few weeks, until I got a chip and bright red showed through! Evidentally, he didn't sand to the metal. Slowly, the car started to show more wear and I was no longer satisfied. Bottom line, you get what you pay for:

4. Altezza's.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
5. Flowmaster 40s series... if you ever want to have a conversation in the car, whether it be with a passenger or via phone, I would suggest not getting Flowmaster 40s

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
5. Flowmaster 40s series... if you ever want to have a conversation in the car, whether it be with a passenger or via phone, I would suggest not getting Flowmaster 40s
A lot of people have said this. Lol me included. I agree man.

61 - 80 of 377 Posts