Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of helpful mods can I do for $300? This can be new or used ect. Any ideas guys. No exhaust parts either please

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
save a little more and swap the gears

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You can buy the gears but its pretty expensive to have them installed. I'd get a CAI then save alittle more and get a TB spacer or just replace it.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
V8.... what are the ULTIMATE goals for your car?

It is pretty hard to suggest a mod for you when we have no idea what you like to do with your car :D

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the end I would like a 600hp street car but I plan on starting that build when I'm done with college so now as a junior in high school idk tbh just want to make it a little faster

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
little faster? find a local guy who can install your gears. i have done multiple things and nothing is as good as gears. not a big deal if they cant correct speedometer either

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
little faster? find a local guy who can install your gears. i have done multiple things and nothing is as good as gears. not a big deal if they cant correct speedometer either
Isn't that a really big problem if you don't have a correct speedometer? I mean how do you know how fast your going then?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
u can afford both short trow shifter and some subframe connectors.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
upper and lower control arms?
There are some UCA's that should NEVER be installed on any car for any reason. So if the OP is considering this as an option, please read my posts on the subject or just PM me :D

Jazzer.... still lookin' out for his pepes :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
i went with a cold air intake for my first mod then did a short sport shifter followed by fixing my leaky gas tank grommet and a new fuel pump and fuel filter.

for you i would go with a cold air intake and a new fuel filter off the bat to give you some better gas mileage, both these helped me get 50+ miles out of a full tank but its all up to you where u wanna go with the car. If yours is like mine and you still have the factory brakes on then i would replace those cuz its no good street racing if u cant stop for the next light that wants to turn yellow when your topping out 3rd gear at 90+

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
340 Posts
whats a good cold air intake system American muscle sells 1 for 84.99 is that good? i have ram air hood so should i get another type of intake syster or just the fender 1

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
any intake is good and your mph will be like 7 off. get a gps so u know exactly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts